Haverigg school reopens after sickness bug forced its closure
Headteacher Melanie Narongchai, who was also struck down by the bug, made the decision to close Haverigg Primary School on Thursday after 19 pupils and two staff were sent home feeling unwell.
Parents were first told on Tuesday to keep poorly pupils at home after children started vomiting in the classrooms.
A thorough clean of the school has taken place over the weekend with pupils being welcomed back to classes at 8:45am today.
Kids are kids - you just don't know how these things emanate Speaking on Thursday following the school's closure, Felicity Wilson, who is a vice chairwoman on the... read more
- 09:52 Syrian jets launch new blitz while UN vote on truce is postponed
- 09:51 The secret to… not being a sweary parent
- 09:51 Nappies, takeaways and bubble wrap: could I remove plastic from my...
- 09:50 Barrow bell tower benefits from £3000 grant for restoration work
- 09:49 Determined Claverdon get back on track
- 09:49 End of an era at Bert McCormick's Ballyclare music shop
- 09:47 UK’s Brexit plans are based on pure illusion, warns Donald Tusk
- 09:47 Dua Lipa reveals her music is inspired by ‘terrible’ ex boyfriends
- 09:47 Wanted man caught in Preston after 'rooftop stand-off'
- 09:46 ‘Even if I can’t feed myself, I at least get up and feed them’: How...
- 09:46 Shoppers in Leamington and Warwick encouraged to support ‘Fairtrade...
- 09:46 USA topple Sweden to cap fairytale run with first ever Olympic...
- 09:45 Keeper urges Boro not to underestimate Sunderland as Teessiders eye...
- 09:45 Manchester United cannot play well with Alexis Sanchez in their...
- 09:45 Pair charged over young brothers' road deaths in Coventry
- 09:44 Two charged over Coventry hit-and-run crash which killed brothers...
- 09:42 BBC presenter’s book focuses on Easton Walled Gardens
- 09:41 Taxi driver caught using Costa Coffee cup lid as fuel cap
- 09:40 Man Utd v Chelsea: Former Premier League star makes big prediction...
- 09:38 Manchester City’s Oleksandr Zinchenko: ‘I trained on the streets of...
- 09:38 Children’s charity admits six cases of sexual abuse and...
- 09:37 Wigan man had vile child abuse images on his computer
- 09:36 Dave Seddon’s PNE pressview: The rise of Alan Browne
- 09:36 Winter Olympics 2018: Billy Morgan makes ‘HORRIBLE’ claim after...
- 09:36 Winter Olympics: Ester Ledecka wins two gold medals in DIFFERENT...
- 09:34 Report shows UK has an ‘unhealthy’ relationship with alcohol
- 09:33 Sinkhole of 'unknown depth' opens ups on Dallamires Lane, Ripon
- 09:32 South Tyneside garden waste collections start next month
- 09:32 Trust received funding boost from council
- 09:32 Get ready to be entertained as Customs House announces new shows