HAVE YOUR SAY: Do you think these words should be banned?
0 Have your say Bird is most definitely not the word, according to a new study published today.
British women want to banish ‘bird’ from the social dictionary with nearly 60 percent branding it their most hated pet name.
Taking to task phrases they deem derogatory, a survey of more than 2,000 British women placed ‘mumsy’, ‘hormonal’ and ‘ball breaker’ among the top 10 words they would like to see banned from day to day vocabulary.
The findings, released as part of a new campaign from Special K inspiring inner strength in women, revealed women are tired of being labelled ‘hysterical’ and... read more
- 18:22 Parents of Deepcut soldier Cheryl James get human rights award for...
- 18:22 CALAIS 'JUNGLE' DEMOLITION: First shacks TORN DOWN as thousands of...
- 18:22 Firearms raid at Wrexham property sees man arrested
- 18:20 Russia says it extends moratorium on Aleppo air strikes
- 18:19 CCTV clue after two friends attacked after leaving The Ritz in...
- 18:19 Bodies found after Allerton house fire
- 18:18 DVD Reviews: Two Women and A Special Day
- 18:16 ‘Even though Daisy has gone, she will never be forgotten. She will...
- 18:15 Blitz on burglary suspects in Northumberland and North Tyneside
- 18:14 GUILTY: Fleetwood man murdered his baby girl
- 18:14 ‘Even though Daisy has gone, she will never be forgotten. She will...
- 18:14 Cannabis farm uncovered at remote Cumbrian bungalow
- 18:14 Man denies insurance fraud
- 18:13 'I had to quit my job and do something to help people': One woman's...
- 18:13 Ronda Rousey ran from fighting Holly Holm again in the UFC after...
- 18:13 Car crashes into houses
- 18:12 Sir Alex Ferguson: This is my biggest regret from 27 years at...
- 18:12 Wolves next manager odds: Marco Silva and Sam Allardyce lead the way
- 18:12 Tractor driver dies as vehicle leaves road and hits shed at airfield
- 18:11 Students ‘riot’ during ‘pi**y’ themed night out
- 18:10 Traffic delays expected on A6 in Derby during rush hour
- 18:10 Traditional tales kept children at Grange Street Infants' School in...
- 18:10 Vital work to take place at Chesterfield car park
- 18:10 VIDEO: Halloween ghost stories from a Nottinghamshire landmark
- 18:09 Morecambe dad’s £45K mission to fight MS
- 18:09 Teenager who vanished is found tied to a bed in his Dad’s basement...
- 18:09 Manchester United boss Mourinho says life in the city is 'a disaster'
- 18:09 Guardiola identifies how Man City can improve significantly
- 18:09 Manchester United defender Eric Bailly out injured for two months
- 18:08 Event at hall launches county career college