HAVE YOUR SAY: Do you think these words should be banned?
0 Have your say Bird is most definitely not the word, according to a new study published today.
British women want to banish ‘bird’ from the social dictionary with nearly 60 percent branding it their most hated pet name.
Taking to task phrases they deem derogatory, a survey of more than 2,000 British women placed ‘mumsy’, ‘hormonal’ and ‘ball breaker’ among the top 10 words they would like to see banned from day to day vocabulary.
The findings, released as part of a new campaign from Special K inspiring inner strength in women, revealed women are tired of being labelled ‘hysterical’ and... read more
- 12:21 Google urged by judge to 'take responsibility' in fight against...
- 12:21 Why you could be getting a pay rise from April 1
- 12:21 Blackpool students compete for digital future
- 12:21 Youtube prankster to headline Friday night comedy at Alexander's
- 12:21 Transfer News: Arsenal's £25m Barca raid, £38m Man Utd and...
- 12:21 As the new Formula One season gets ready to kick off in Melbourne,...
- 12:21 Former Manchester United striker Javier Hernandez drops another...
- 12:20 Livingston FC fan blog: It's been a successful few days for the...
- 12:20 Skai Jackson hits the red carpet after her viral meme took the...
- 12:20 Celtic star Scott Brown is the reason I'm now Norway skipper, says...
- 12:20 Rangers interview Peter Lovenkrands for coaching role under Pedro...
- 12:20 Russian man pleads guilty over $500m malware scam
- 12:20 Cuts will see schools fall in league tables
- 12:20 Trojans get reality check in home loss to Saddleworth
- 12:20 Sharks push title favourites all the way in narrow defeat
- 12:20 More support for victims of domestic abuse in Derbyshire
- 12:19 More support for victims of domestic abuse in Derbyshire
- 12:19 Sinister online bullying craze sweeps UK classrooms - everything...
- 12:19 Everton FC linked with striking reinforcements
- 12:19 Sir Alex Ferguson says modern day players not prepared to be managers
- 12:19 Police appeal after man attacked in car near Nont Sarah's pub
- 12:18 The clocks are set to change - and this is how to get your kids to...
- 12:18 Flight laptop ban: How it affects passengers and all you need to know
- 12:18 London terrorist attack: Look inside the Birmingham flat raided by...
- 12:18 Work to improve two Kenilworth parks set to start soon
- 12:18 Fire under Warwick canal bridge
- 12:17 Stage is set for Burgham International Trials
- 12:17 Senior officers consider more armed police patrols on...
- 12:17 Northumberland girls to the fore in National Championships
- 12:17 London attack: Reaction from North-East politicians