Have YOU started menopause without knowing it? Most women do not know the symptoms of a common treatable condition that makes sex painful
More than 80 per cent of women have never heard of a treatable menopausal condition that could cause chronic pain if left untreated, a new study reveals.
Vulvar and vaginal atrophy (VVA) affects 45 per cent of women over 40, causing dryness, itching, burning, discharge and discomfort.
If left untreated, sufferers could face years of chronic vaginal pain, making sex incredibly painful.
But new research shows most women do not even know what the condition is - let alone how to seek treatment.
WHAT IS VULVAR AND VAGINAL ATROPHY? Vulvar and vaginal atrophy is a typical side effect of... read more
- 14:59 Snapped: Daniel Sturridge all smiles in training despite injury...
- 14:59 Rugby player Lily Partridge died after opponent's knee hit head
- 14:59 New United Airlines row as GIANT Birmingham bunny dies on flight to...
- 14:59 India, Afghanistan gave help to Pakistani Taliban, says group's...
- 14:59 Urgent warnings issued over social media 'suicide game'
- 14:59 Market Hall gigs will not be happening
- 14:59 The three new Cadbury bars every chocoholic needs to know about
- 14:58 RICS to relocate team to Birmingham
- 14:58 HS2 regen chief quits to take up new role in London
- 14:57 Snow and hail hit London just three weeks after hottest day of...
- 14:57 Two years jail for Carlisle man who contacted boy, 7
- 14:57 VIDEO: Firefighters continue to deal with one of Cumbria's biggest...
- 14:57 From Sardinia to South Yorkshire: Former Doncaster man pens first book
- 14:56 All set to serve up on the seafront
- 14:55 Adidas are launching a range of UltraBoost trainers made from...
- 14:55 Footage of Barrow man ramming pensioner on motorway to feature on...
- 14:55 Alice Ruggles murder trial: Trimaan Dhillon to be sentenced for...
- 14:54 New fight over land-locked ‘scrubland’
- 14:54 Tributes flood in for former Pock mayor
- 14:54 Ben pulls his socks up with six marathons in six days for charity
- 14:53 Manford back at Lowther
- 14:52 Manchester United give Paul Pogba and Antonio Valencia injury updates
- 14:51 Wladimir Klitschko responds to question about retirement if he...
- 14:51 Newcastle United ground raided by HMRC over investigation into...
- 14:51 France election: Macron heckled by pro-Le Pen workers
- 14:51 Jose Mourinho delivers injury update on Paul Pogba ahead of Man...
- 14:51 Flintshire farming family faces losing land again - for the SEVENTH...
- 14:51 More details of Tour of Britain route in Northumberland unveiled
- 14:51 Ex-Lib Dem MP David Ward sacked as candidate
- 14:49 Wrexham AFC forward Paul Rutherford set to sign new deal