Have you got OCD? Why your mother could be to blame: Smoking during pregnancy and Caesarean births 'may put babies at greater risk'
It can range from obsessively washing your hands to being such a crippling anxiety sufferers struggle to leave the house.
Now scientists believe people's chances of developing obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD) could be determined factors when they were in the womb.
Children delivered by Caesarean section or those whose mothers smoked during pregnancy may be at greater risk of developing OCD, a study suggests.
A complex condition, OCD is characterised by unwanted and irrational thoughts and fears that can prevent sufferers thinking about anything else - often compelling them to carry... read more
- 13:30 Restaurant forced to apologise after adding ‘Pill Cosby’ cocktail...
- 13:29 Girl, 8, confirmed to have died in Ariana Grande Manchester...
- 13:29 Child abuser sent to prison for six years
- 13:30 Leeds set to extend Garry Monk's contract by a year as they enter...
- 13:30 Mum hits out at school bans on fidget spinners
- 13:29 Shock, anger, hurt... this was an evil act
- 13:29 Father who drove through the night is still searching for his...
- 13:29 Promise to keep our city moving
- 13:28 Rangers target Rashid Sumaila poised to come in from international...
- 13:28 Eight-year-old Saffie Rose Roussos confirmed as dead in Manchester...
- 13:27 Doncaster sexual health and HIV services are moving near the town...
- 13:27 Canal Street roadworks get underway
- 13:27 Company climate risk disclosure could become mandatory in a few years
- 13:27 Book of condolence opens at Nottingham Cathedral for Manchester...
- 13:27 Mum hits out at school bans on fidget spinners
- 13:26 Preservation day aims to revive region’s threatened meadows
- 13:26 BREAKING NEWS: Two Northampton 20-year-olds killed in collision
- 13:26 Northampton mum issues warning to other parents after son is...
- 13:25 Man City player Leroy Sane to undergo operation
- 13:25 Manchester United Europa League final training squad revealed
- 13:24 Mum hits out at school bans on fidget spinners
- 13:24 Man, 23, held over Manchester terror attack which killed 22 and...
- 13:22 Four teenagers are arrested after 'nasty' attack on homeless man
- 13:22 Burglary suspect released
- 13:22 Just ACT to help counter terrorism
- 13:22 Sponsored walk is a step in right direction
- 13:23 Man, 23, held over Manchester terror attack which killed 22 and...
- 13:22 Action taken on dementia
- 13:23 School prays for bomb victim Georgina
- 13:22 Unexpected road closure