Have YOU got high blood pressure? Revealed, 7 things you should either eat or avoid to lower it
It's known as the silent killer due to it having no symptoms.
High blood pressure increases your risk of heart disease, stroke, heart failure and kidney disease.
But it doesn't have to take over your life and can be prevented so easily by simple dietary changes, experts say.
Now, three nutritionists from the University of Newcastle, Australia, reveal the foods you should eat and the ones you should avoid.
WHAT TO EAT TO LOWER YOUR BLOOD PRESSURE
A review with five research trials included tested the impact of oats on systolic blood pressure (the pressure at which the heart pumps... read more
- 16:06 Amazing mum loses cancer battle - but her spirit lives on through...
- 16:06 The North East area where alcohol treatment is 54% higher than...
- 16:06 Eastenders fans stunned as Ian Beale hints he'll leave Albert...
- 16:06 As BBC axes Crimewatch, we look back on Cumbrian cases covered on...
- 16:06 Richard Hannon-trained Barney Roy gears up for Ascot battle with...
- 16:06 Ex-Corus steelworks site plans approved
- 16:06 1 in 4 UK workers wouldn’t take a sick day unless hospitalised
- 16:05 Catalonia: Protests after Spain detains separatists
- 16:05 SEE: Stunning images of Derbyshire entered into Landscape...
- 16:04 As BBC bins Crimewatch, we look back on Cumbrian cases covered on...
- 16:04 Walney allotment burglary under investigation
- 16:04 Askam mum donates page turning treats to help Bayb's appeal
- 16:04 It’s time to stop putting deodorant on before you work out
- 16:04 Teenage girl ‘sexually assaulted by boy’ in Banbury
- 16:04 Low success rate for government online ID service
- 16:04 'How will I sleep?' Residents in uproar as car park plan approved -...
- 16:02 'Stadium is too big and Coventry City fans too quiet': Away fans'...
- 16:00 Celtic and Rangers would improve English Premier League but will...
- 16:00 County Hall's £28m burden of finding homes for children
- 16:00 Body of a man found under Glasgow's Kingston Bridge
- 16:00 How could a district lottery be introduced to Harrogate?
- 16:00 Fears grow for missing Skipton woman after 72 hours without contact
- 16:00 Hull schoolgirls Leah Taylor and Leah Smith missing
- 16:00 Dog saved from harbour drowning
- 16:00 SEE: Stunning images of Derbyshire entered into Landscape...
- 16:00 Carney signals possible rate rise
- 15:59 SEE: Stunning images of Derbyshire entered into Landscape...
- 15:58 Bank snatch thief has jail term cut by appeal court
- 15:58 Wolves and Leeds United trail Aston Villa in this Championship table
- 15:58 New homes and apartments could be built on site of former factory...