Have YOU got high blood pressure? Revealed, 7 things you should either eat or avoid to lower it
It's known as the silent killer due to it having no symptoms.
High blood pressure increases your risk of heart disease, stroke, heart failure and kidney disease.
But it doesn't have to take over your life and can be prevented so easily by simple dietary changes, experts say.
Now, three nutritionists from the University of Newcastle, Australia, reveal the foods you should eat and the ones you should avoid.
WHAT TO EAT TO LOWER YOUR BLOOD PRESSURE
A review with five research trials included tested the impact of oats on systolic blood pressure (the pressure at which the heart pumps... read more
- 10:28 £78,000 floodlit pitch in Orchard Park 'to open next week'
- 10:27 BREAKING: Eight wounded as knifeman goes on rampage in remote...
- 10:23 Woman posts unfortunate tweet just hours before Sir Bruce Forsyth's...
- 10:21 Mental health battle being fought - thanks to football
- 10:20 Tamworth FC head into Curzon test full of confidence
- 10:19 Anderton Boat Lift opens new £50,000 playground
- 10:19 Ulverston Proms performer makes appeal after saxophone stolen
- 10:17 McDonald’s workers in the UK set to strike for first time ever
- 10:17 Jeremy Hunt reacts after Stephen Hawking claims Tories have caused...
- 10:16 Man found injured by Folkestone harbour wall dies
- 10:16 Swansea v Manchester United: LIVE build-up, team news and highlights
- 10:16 Footballers on strike: Will Philippe Coutinho join this list of...
- 10:16 Arsenal transfer shock: Arsene Wenger tried to sign Jonny Evans -...
- 10:15 Russian knife attacker wounds eight
- 10:13 V Festival food and drink guide 2017
- 10:11 Jeep Compass review - Old-school looks with off road excellence
- 10:11 These are officially the clumsiest names in Britain
- 10:11 Watch: Shocking road rage where man screams abuse and jams on brakes
- 10:11 The full weekend weather forecast for Coventry
- 10:09 'Compassionate, generous, adventurous' Canadian grandfather killed...
- 10:09 Will McGregor v Mayweather save American boxing – or bury it?
- 10:07 Jo Konta knocked out of Cincinnati Open by Simona Halep after...
- 10:05 How to look after your mental health in the aftermath of a terror...
- 10:05 Here's why Town fans should set off early for Sunday's sold-out...
- 10:04 Paranormal investigator claims he knows true identity of St James...
- 10:04 13 ways you can spot a Scottish person
- 10:02 Transfer news LIVE: Manchester United, Arsenal, Chelsea and...
- 10:01 Julian Draxler to Liverpool: Philippe Coutinho must be sold fast to...
- 10:01 Love Island’s Georgia Harrison confirms split from Sam Gowland –...
- 10:00 Do you have what it takes to be a firefighter in North Wales?