Have YOU ever felt dizzy when you stand up? Why you could be more at risk of dementia...
Have you ever experienced that dizzy feeling when you stand up too quickly?
Well not only does it throw us temporarily, it could have devastating implications as we grow older.
Scientists warn people who get dizzy when they stand up suddenly are at greater risk of dementia.
Low blood pressure when standing up - known as orthostatic hypotension - increases the risk of the debilitating condition by 15 per cent, a study found.
The condition, which can trigger head rush, is known to cause transient cerebral hypoperfusion - reduced blood flow to the brain.
Decreased flow can contribute to brain... read more
- 07:23 Mother and two children rescued from Leeds house fire
- 07:22 What it’s like when health anxiety makes you spend every day...
- 07:20 Does your child have what it takes to appear on Child Genius TV show?
- 07:18 Roger Federer: Australian Open star tipped for more Grand Slam...
- 07:18 Delays on Metro system due to withdrawn train
- 07:17 Alexis Sanchez to Man Utd: Arsenal got lucky with Henrikh...
- 07:17 Liverpool legend John Aldridge SLAMS Reds' performance against Swansea
- 07:15 Diabetes type 2 - Lower your risk by taking these 8p a day vitamins
- 07:15 Dementia symptoms: Lower your risk of Alzheimer’s disease by eating...
- 07:14 RISE AND SHINE: Start your day with us
- 07:12 Man Utd news: Jose Mourinho’s former Chelsea scout reveals Alexis...
- 07:12 Chelsea news LIVE updates: Dzeko and Palmieri deals, Courtois...
- 07:12 Emre Can to Juventus: Liverpool star suggested to have gone behind...
- 07:12 I hope that common sense will prevail
- 07:11 This historic city centre building could be soon revamped into a hotel
- 07:11 Hull Live Breaking news, traffic and travel from Hull and East...
- 07:11 Charity status for society means conservation of village windmill...
- 07:09 Live updates as fire and oil spill closes lanes on M1
- 07:08 Anglers fear permit price hike will hit habitat creation
- 07:07 Fallen tree causing heavy traffic on A38 near Derby
- 07:05 Lawyer who took off her hijab in protest goes missing in Iran
- 07:03 RISE AND SHINE: Start your day with us
- 07:02 Best park
- 07:01 What to eat when you can’t stand tofu this Veganuary
- 07:01 Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang to Arsenal: Deal hinges on Olivier...
- 07:00 Men arrested over theft of parking meter in Doncaster
- 07:00 Blackpool's Lucy Fallon wins at National Television Awards
- 07:00 Heartbroken mum of missing Michael Brooks makes desperate appeal
- 06:58 Millennials spend 10 hours a week swiping their way through...
- 06:57 M1 traffic: Lorry fire and oil spillage causing long delays near...