Have high heels toppled out of fashion?
Sports luxe, athleisure and loungewear - the fashion pack have been telling us it's "on trend" for a while. And it certainly seems British women couldn't be happier to slip their feet into something more comfortable.
Even Victoria Beckham has ditched her signature heels at work, sweeping into New York Fashion Week in baggy trousers and sandals.
So are women really hanging up their high heels in favour of comfy trainers?
Market research group Mintel thinks so. It says trainers have overtaken heels in popularity, with 37% of women in the UK buying trainers last year, compared to... read more
- 12:49 Vladimir Romanov’s ex-PR advisor becomes Scottish Labour comms chief
- 12:49 Celebrating ten years of Torrs Hydro in New Mills
- 12:48 Burnley school chosen for launch of campaign to encourage children...
- 12:48 YP Letters: Russell Watson just too loud for Royal Hall audience
- 12:48 West Brom next manager odds: Flurry of bets on surprise candidate
- 12:48 YP Letters: Customs union move another nail in the coffin for House...
- 12:48 Two vehicle crash causing heavy traffic on west Cumbria road
- 12:48 Mikael Forssell - a look back at Birmingham City's most 'merciless'...
- 12:48 Why supporters face danger in Rome... Roma ultras run riot in the...
- 12:47 Derbyshire police appoint new Assistant Chief Constable
- 12:47 Windscreen of Flybe passenger jet cracks at 12,000ft minutes after...
- 12:47 Is this the UK's most remote eco-home? Unique 'pod' on the Isle of...
- 12:46 Wembley Stadium set to be sold by FA in astonishing £800m deal as...
- 12:45 Derbyshire police appoint new Assistant Chief Constable
- 12:45 BREAKING: Ulverston Beehive hub approved
- 12:44 Derbyshire police appoint new Assistant Chief Constable
- 12:44 Tristan Thompson grateful ‘there’s someone else people can be angry...
- 12:44 Jodie Marsh’s ex James Placido remarries months after bitter divorce
- 12:43 Deutsche Bank plans 'significant' job cuts
- 12:43 'You can’t just keep saying sorry': readers on Amber Rudd and Windrush
- 12:42 Motorcyclist suffered head and leg injuries in city-centre smash
- 12:42 Man jailed in connection with Underley Hall abuse
- 12:41 Big event in support of Alfie Evans and his family to be held at...
- 12:41 Cheers! It's a Beautiful World for award-winning Leicester pub boss...
- 12:41 Funding bids worth £1.1m are prepared
- 12:40 Lionel Messi wins EU court battle to trademark his own name after...
- 12:40 Sheffield murder victim's funeral to be held next week
- 12:39 Four Seasons app review: a concierge in your pocket
- 12:39 Derbyshire police appoint new Assistant Chief Constable
- 12:39 Facebook accused of bullying by MPs