Haunted ruined village up for sale for offers over £100,000
A ruined Highlands village reportedly haunted by a soothsayer former resident who predicted the coming of the railways is up for sale.
The Old Village of Lawers,a deserted, ruined lochside village in the centre of Highland Perthshire, is claimed to be haunted by the Old Lady of Lawers, who predicted the coming of the railway and the construction of steam ships and was the last resident of the manor house on the land.
The site is on the market for offers over £100,000 - although it is thought that any purchaser would be unlikely to be granted permission to construct a permanent property on... read more
- 09:56 Arsenal star Laurent Koscielny admits they will have to vary their...
- 09:56 Eggs of mosquito capable of carrying the Zika virus found in the UK
- 09:56 Britons spend eight years of their lives on housework
- 09:54 Phew! What's that pong over Lincoln?
- 09:53 Weston brothers in pop with plan to put smile back into music
- 09:52 Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho will always respect Chelsea...
- 09:52 National news headlines for Saturday October 22
- 09:51 Foul-mouthed parent rants at woman after school parking complaint
- 09:51 Kanye West pays tribute to wife Kim Kardashian in emotional...
- 09:51 Australians rally for refugees in stand against far-right sentiment
- 09:50 Cash grant will help Carlisle nursery replace flood damaged equipment
- 09:50 Train derails and overturns in Cameroon killing at least 53 and...
- 09:50 Former X Factor boy band Union J perform at north Cumbrian school's...
- 09:49 Fire crews release casualty trapped in machinery at Dyke
- 09:47 BREAKING: Murder probe as British man found tied to Malaga airport...
- 09:46 Pet shop owner fined over waste disposal shambles
- 09:46 Orionids meteor shower: how to see this weekend’s spectacle
- 09:46 Bus wars: Arriva responds to YourBus competition with refurbished...
- 09:44 Oswestry skatepark death: Rave boss avoids being sent to jail
- 09:44 Shropshire netball official jailed for taking £50,000 of club funds...
- 09:44 Property damaged in chip pan fire
- 09:42 Firebugs cause more damage to playground
- 09:42 Warning after youths seen with fireworks at park
- 09:42 Cash grant will help Carlisle nursery replace flood damaged equipment
- 09:42 Former X Factor boy band Union J perform at Cumbrian school's prize...
- 09:40 Arsenal star Laurent Koscielny: This is how Arsene Wenger proved...
- 09:40 Marcus Rashford: Chelsea are just like Manchester United
- 09:38 Fundraising appeal to save Cantelupe Centre from closure gains...
- 09:38 You can ‘bank’ on volunteers to revamp school play area
- 09:36 Travel review: Hit the north to discover the real Portugal