Haunted ruined village up for sale for offers over £100,000
A ruined Highlands village reportedly haunted by a soothsayer former resident who predicted the coming of the railways is up for sale.
The Old Village of Lawers,a deserted, ruined lochside village in the centre of Highland Perthshire, is claimed to be haunted by the Old Lady of Lawers, who predicted the coming of the railway and the construction of steam ships and was the last resident of the manor house on the land.
The site is on the market for offers over £100,000 - although it is thought that any purchaser would be unlikely to be granted permission to construct a permanent property on... read more
- 03:44 The ex-Jehovah's Witnesses shunned by their families
- 03:44 Back from the Front: Tracking down WW1 grave markers
- 03:42 Egypt doubles down on Qatar blockade as Saudi allies slap further...
- 03:32 China ramp up border security to halt ‘flames of war’ overflowing...
- 03:24 Spectacular display of vintage and classic cars and motorbikes line...
- 03:24 Mayor of Millom delivers boost to good causes
- 03:24 Rock the Fells showcases breadth of local talent
- 03:24 GALLERY: Cartmel Racecourse sizzles in the sun on day one of...
- 03:24 Boy in Piel Island rescue drama after bad fall leaves him with...
- 03:24 Police investigation launched following unexplained death in Barrow
- 03:24 Still time to win family ticket for Ulverston and North Lonsdale Show
- 03:24 Nuclear chief to chair innovation body
- 03:24 Crews tackle car fire in Barrow
- 03:24 Furness pension campaign group to meet
- 03:24 Lakes hotel up for quirky national award
- 03:24 Appeal for information after mother and child verbally abused in...
- 03:24 Police investigate 'smash and grab' burglary at Grange jeweller's
- 03:24 Eight vehicles damaged in Barrow
- 03:24 Multi-million pound deal for south Cumbria's innovators
- 03:24 Royal visit pays tribute to Furness community and business
- 03:24 Get snapping in Lakes photo treasure hunt
- 03:24 Police appeal after double assault in Bowness
- 03:24 It's show time for Ulverston agricultural event
- 03:24 Crowds flock to Coniston Country Fair
- 03:24 Thousands enjoy Taste Cumbria Summer Festival
- 03:24 Police issue security advice following spate of Cumbria farm...
- 03:24 Barrow woman's tragic 20-year battle with mental health
- 03:24 Sports spectacular in the Lakes this week
- 03:24 Full steam ahead for gathering
- 03:24 South Cumbria school community delighted to gain £350,000 for...