Hate crime reporting increases in Derbyshire
0 Have your say The number of people reporting incidents of hate crime in Derbyshire has risen.
According to the latest figures, 509 people reported offences of this nature between August 2015 and August 2016 compared to 421 between August 2014 and August 2015 – a rise of 20 per cent.
In the most recent period, race was the most common motivation behind the hate crimes reported to police.
Derbyshire police recognises, records and monitors hate crime. Hate crime is defined as any incident which constitutes a criminal offence, perceived by the victim or another person as being motivated by... read more
- 15:38 Manchester United’s Daley Blind linked with AS Roma transfer
- 15:38 Jose Mourinho reveals the real reason he was in Croatia amid Ivan...
- 15:38 Four Egyptian soldiers killed by explosion in Sinai
- 15:35 Boxing Junior Championships cancelled due to 'threat to life'
- 15:34 QUIZ Celebrate Elton John’s 70th by proving you know all the words...
- 15:33 Who is Manchester United transfer target Ivan Perisic?
- 15:33 How to buy Man City tickets: A guide on how to attend the team's...
- 15:33 Call for councils to ban sky lanterns and balloons in Lincolnshire...
- 15:32 Woman who voted for Trump upset to find her husband will be deported
- 15:32 When do the clocks go forward in 2017?
- 15:32 Choir hits right notes at UK final
- 15:30 Justice League movie TRAILER: Full explosive promo arrives in full...
- 15:30 Seamus Coleman injury: Everton boss Ronald Koeman speaks out on...
- 15:29 How to look after your mental health when you’re always on...
- 15:29 Brazil teacher changes hairstyle to support bullied girl
- 15:29 Air ambulance called after two car crash near Holmfirth
- 15:26 How Hull could soon blanket ban pavement parking
- 15:26 Hull FC player ratings and stats after win at Wigan Warriors
- 15:25 Arsene Wenger gives contract update and reveals future plans
- 15:25 EU leaders meet in Rome but growing Euroscepticism in Italy...
- 15:24 Police pounce on homes and a barge during drugs raids
- 15:22 CHOKING HAZARD: Products for teething babies recalled due to safety...
- 15:22 Don’t forget- the clocks go forward tomorrow
- 15:21 Life on the Farm column with Frances Graham
- 15:21 'I Am Still Me' - Moving photography exhibition shows people with...
- 15:20 Port Vale v MK Dons LIVE: Three changes for Vale
- 15:19 Woman injured in two-car crash in Leeds
- 15:19 Hundreds detained as Belarus struggles to quell protests
- 15:19 Two suspects under formal investigation over Paris airport attack
- 15:18 County Londonderry: Prisoner dies in custody at Magilligan Prison