Has Apple scrapped its self-driving car? Hundreds of jobs have been cut from firm's auto team, report claims
The much-rumoured Apple Car may not materialise after all.
The Cupertino tech firm has significantly scaled back its auto department, with hundreds of employees - from a team of around 1,000 - said to have left, according to new reports.
The company is thought to be refocusing its efforts on developing software for self-driving cars, rather than building its own vehicle.
Scroll down for video
STEVE JOBS AND THE iCAR Claims that Apple is working on cars may seem like a leap, but it isn't the first time such projects have been discussed by the Californian firm.
In an interview last year,... read more
- 10:03 Dear Justine Greening, whatever happened to ‘eradicating illiteracy’?
- 10:03 South Shields FC owner hopes for new £10million ground
- 10:03 Parents warned about indecent images sent to children on apps and...
- 10:03 Malaysia says North Korean firms linked to arms trade being...
- 10:01 Profit warning and apology to customers from group behind Southern...
- 10:01 Blackpool woman’s 20 years’ in business
- 10:01 Doctors' warning: Patients dying because our hospitals are 'jam-full'
- 10:01 Ten of Glasgow’s oldest buildings
- 10:01 Anger as one in six children miss out on secondary school places
- 10:01 How many players has each Premier League team used so far this season?
- 10:01 Pundit: Antonio Conte proved his class with these four expert...
- 10:01 Manolo Gabbiadini: Liverpool want to sign Southampton star next...
- 10:01 Minecraft helped to guide shootout movie Free Fire's set
- 10:01 Talking Horses: Willie Mullins’ Cheltenham team plus Tuesday tips
- 10:01 Parents warned about indecent images sent to children on apps and...
- 10:01 Dogs sniff out illegal cigarettes and tobacco in raids across...
- 10:00 Police appeal for dashcam footage after death of 14-year-old in...
- 10:00 Apprentices get unique chance to work on BBMF
- 10:00 Dawn raids in Cheshire on drugs ring which saw county as an 'easy...
- 09:59 Delays in Burton due to reports of accident
- 09:59 Huge apprenticeship exhibition heading to Sheffield
- 09:59 Police warning after attempted burglary
- 09:59 Man attacked by would-be robbers
- 09:59 Aramco's Malaysia deal gives Saudis upper hand in fight for Asia...
- 09:58 Hugill’s hands-on approach
- 09:58 Wenger rejects multi-million pound offer?
- 09:58 Gillian’s new career takes off
- 09:58 Black Country MP Tom Watson urges Jeremy Corbyn's supporters to...
- 09:58 Worrying levels of alleged home care abuse against elderly and...
- 09:58 Holy Island car park is put on the market