Hartlepool project shows silver surfers how to shop online
Older people discovered how to surf the internet to shop as part of a project tackling isolation.
Hartlepool disabled-led support organisation Incontrol-able teamed up with technology ‘gurus’ from the town’s O2 store for a series of workshops.
It is part of Incontrol-able’s Project 65, which loans tablet devices to older generations so they can feel more connected by learning how to use the internet and social media to stay in touch with friends and family.
Since the project’s launch last November, more than 90 people have accessed the service, with 80 being the average age of clients. The... read more
- 05:31 Alder Hey rated 'outstandingly' caring in most recent inspection...
- 05:31 Brave police officers risked their lives to stop man falling from...
- 05:25 If your children have these names you can get into Legoland Windsor...
- 05:24 From Stonehenge to Iceland's Arctic Henge, by motorbike – photo essay
- 05:21 Birmingham Post Business Awards sponsors enjoy Belfry breakfast
- 05:21 'I trust him': Minnesota crowd split on immigration but refuse to...
- 05:16 Oldest Homo sapiens bones ever found shake foundations of the human...
- 05:15 England’s Ruben Loftus-Cheek wants bigger Chelsea role or may leave
- 05:07 'Let the adventure begin!' - What you had to say about the high...
- 05:07 Shocking pictures show the horrific places where homeless people...
- 04:43 Absolute Bowie celebrates the life of David Bowie at Burton's...
- 04:39 The Grimsby taxi drivers who have become unlikely icons of...
- 04:36 Jacinda Ardern #babywatch sends New Zealand media gaga
- 04:34 Hull man hacks victim's emails and calls them 90 times a day
- 04:34 Heart Awards 2018: How to nominate your unsung hero
- 04:27 Charlottesville organiser plans Washington DC rally
- 04:16 Tesco 'planning' discount chain to take on Aldi and Lidl
- 04:06 In pictures: Isle of Wight Festival at 50
- 04:06 Ed Sheeran: Travel and ticket warning for Cardiff concerts
- 04:06 Family's £15k debt from fight against Section 322(5) immigration rule
- 04:03 National Enquirer publisher subpoenaed in Michael Cohen inquiry
- 03:42 Research backs English as key to development
- 03:38 Trump at rally: family separation outcry is a distraction by Democrats
- 03:28 Sex, drugs and A&E: 10 charts on how the under-30s use the NHS
- 03:21 Donald Trump 'lacks character' for hotel liquor licence
- 03:21 Western Australia defends decision to search live sheep exporter's...
- 03:13 Daimler expects lower 2018 earnings due to new tariffs
- 02:57 Brexit: Theresa May vows 'smooth and orderly' EU exit
- 02:46 Sergio Ramos hits back at Diego Maradona by claiming Lionel Messi...
- 02:36 Algeria shuts down internet to prevent cheating during high school...