Hartlepool couch potato is taking on a daily marathon challenge
A self-confessed couch potato has set himself an extreme fitness challenge to cover 10,000 miles in 365 days.
Hartlepool’s Paul Suggitt will be walking, riding and racing, for a year to raise cash and awareness of a regional charity.
The 47-year-old plans to cover 10,000 miles in 365 days, which is roughly a marathon a day and the equivalent of travelling from Hartlepool to the Gold Coast in Australia.
And, it is all on behalf of the Chris Lucas Trust, which raises money for research into an aggressive form of teenager cancer, rhabdomyosarcoma.
Paul, who works with the emergency services,... read more
- 16:05 SEE: Stunning images of Derbyshire entered into Landscape...
- 16:04 As BBC bins Crimewatch, we look back on Cumbrian cases covered on...
- 16:04 Walney allotment burglary under investigation
- 16:04 Askam mum donates page turning treats to help Bayb's appeal
- 16:04 It’s time to stop putting deodorant on before you work out
- 16:04 Teenage girl ‘sexually assaulted by boy’ in Banbury
- 16:04 Low success rate for government online ID service
- 16:04 'How will I sleep?' Residents in uproar as car park plan approved -...
- 16:02 'Stadium is too big and Coventry City fans too quiet': Away fans'...
- 16:00 Celtic and Rangers would improve English Premier League but will...
- 16:00 County Hall's £28m burden of finding homes for children
- 16:00 Body of a man found under Glasgow's Kingston Bridge
- 16:00 How could a district lottery be introduced to Harrogate?
- 16:00 Fears grow for missing Skipton woman after 72 hours without contact
- 16:00 Hull schoolgirls Leah Taylor and Leah Smith missing
- 16:00 Dog saved from harbour drowning
- 16:00 SEE: Stunning images of Derbyshire entered into Landscape...
- 16:00 Carney signals possible rate rise
- 15:59 SEE: Stunning images of Derbyshire entered into Landscape...
- 15:58 Bank snatch thief has jail term cut by appeal court
- 15:58 Wolves and Leeds United trail Aston Villa in this Championship table
- 15:58 New homes and apartments could be built on site of former factory...
- 15:58 FA to introduce these 12 new youth football rules
- 15:58 Stormzy leads 2017 Mobo Awards with five nominations as J Hus...
- 15:58 Kyle McFarlane scores his fifth in seven as Birmingham City Under...
- 15:57 Notts emergency services train for serious road crash
- 15:57 Sikh community shares free food as part of International Langar Week
- 15:56 Notts emergency services train for serious road crash
- 15:56 Moving tributes at funeral of mum Mandy, 43, who died after battle...
- 15:55 County Hall's £28m burden of finding homes for children