Harry Shearer sues Vivendi over Spinal Tap profits
Harry Shearer is taking legal action against entertainment group Vivendi, claiming it has denied him and others profits from 1984's This is Spinal Tap.
Shearer accuses Vivendi, which acquired the film in 1989, of conducting a "fraudulent campaign" to hide revenues.
According to Vivendi, the actor claims he and his co-creators were entitled to just $81 (£66) in merchandising income between 1984 and 2006.
Vivendi has yet to respond to Shearer's demand for $125m (£102m) in damages.
"I think it's important to challenge the status quo, not just for myself but for all my fellow... read more
- 15:53 REVEALED: How Conor McGregor REALLY feels about being stripped of...
- 15:52 More than 400 take part in Santa fun run around Belvoir Castle for...
- 15:50 Berwick MP backs crackdown on dangerous driving
- 15:50 EU Commission in close contact with Italy over banks - Dombrovskis
- 15:49 Peter Vaughan, Game of Thrones and Porridge actor, dies aged 93
- 15:48 Roger Federer and Serena Williams both delay injury comebacks...
- 15:48 How many homes and businesses were flooded in your area?
- 15:48 Antonio Conte pulls off unreal ball control in Chelsea training
- 15:47 GALLERY: Cracker of a day of fun in Spilsby
- 15:46 Louth councillors plant special tree for Queen’s 90th birthday year
- 15:44 UFC president Dana White says Conor McGregor’s super fight with...
- 15:44 Meet the therapy pig hamming it up at San Francisco...
- 15:43 Exclusive: Emissions crackdown exposes Renault-Nissan engine trouble
- 15:43 This Arsenal star has been immense… he must not play against Basel...
- 15:43 Mauricio Pochettino: This is why Tottenham will take CSKA Moscow...
- 15:42 Syrian army seizes several areas of Aleppo from rebels - state...
- 15:42 Can we reunite Dilara with the British ginger stallion she met on a...
- 15:42 Singapore tops latest PISA education survey
- 15:41 Christmas spirit alive and well at Garibaldi’s first lights switch-on
- 15:41 WATCH: Female driver films video proving women can parallel park
- 15:41 Family livid as inquest finds Notts dad killed by drink and drugs
- 15:40 Woodhall Spa support for hospice
- 15:40 Health bosses outline plans for Lincolnshire hospitals in bid to...
- 15:39 Specialist dementia care village in Northampton will offer...
- 15:39 Halifax assault: Do you recognise man in CCTV image?
- 15:39 Chelsea preparing transfer offer for Karamoko Dembele
- 15:38 GoDaddy to buy Host Europe for $1.82 billion
- 15:38 Twins who contracted viral meningitis while in the womb make a full...
- 15:38 U.S. Supreme Court rules for Samsung in smartphone fight with Apple
- 15:38 The hidden sign which could make your £5 note worth £20k