Harry Potter and the golden gaming firm: Niantic reveals $200m funding round after it announces Pokémon Go followup will be based on the boy wizard
The maker of the hit augmented-reality game 'Pokémon Go' has raised about $200 million in new financing, just weeks after announcing its next game will be based on Harry Potter.
Backers include Spark Capital and Peter Thiel's Founders Fund according to the Wall Street Journal.
The new game, called Harry Potter: Wizards Unite, will see players take to the streets to cast spells and fight magical beasts.
Niantic hopes it will recreate the success of Pokémon Go, which reached $1 billion in revenue globally just seven months after its release last July, which according to App Annie is faster... read more
- 07:35 WEEKEND WEB: Spalding Guardian letters
- 07:35 Will your child lose free school meals?
- 07:34 Cristiano Ronaldo knows Paul Pogba is 'willing to lower salary' to...
- 07:27 Army minister accuses Corbyn of siding with Russia against Nato
- 07:24 Champions League winner Luis Enrique stalls on Chelsea as he eyes...
- 07:24 Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho branded CLUMSY and TASTELESS...
- 07:21 Homeless man's joy at getting YMCA flat after ten years of sleeping...
- 07:16 6 unusual honeymoon destinations – from joining the cowboys to...
- 07:15 Real Madrid news: Neymar drops biggest hint yet that he wants to...
- 07:15 Juan Martin del Potro piles pressure on Roger Federer with latest...
- 07:14 George Christensen attacks own government over abortion services...
- 07:12 Lucas Industries company archives go online
- 07:06 The student experience — then and now
- 07:05 Space stations: our future among the stars
- 06:54 Man Utd player REVOLT: Match of the Day pundits predict horrific...
- 06:54 F1 news: Lewis Hamilton on verge of record-breaking £40m Mercedes...
- 06:51 McDonald’s Monopoly to start next week
- 06:51 Primark recalls cushions that pose potential fire risk
- 06:51 BBC want ex-couples to take part in exciting new show
- 06:48 Man who saved Hearts writes play on ‘insanity of Scottish football’
- 06:46 Are we prepared for the looming epidemic threat?
- 06:45 McDonald’s Monopoly to start next week
- 06:45 Primark recalls cushions that pose potential fire risk
- 06:45 BBC want ex-couples to take part in exciting new show
- 06:43 McDonald’s Monopoly to start next week
- 06:43 Primark recalls cushions that pose potential fire risk
- 06:43 BBC want ex-couples to take part in exciting new show
- 06:42 Free events in Louth and Horncastle area this Easter
- 06:38 India SLAMS Pakistan for ‘BLOCKING access to websites’ amid rising...
- 06:37 Row over refund from energy company which took over from bust supplier