Harry denies branding Iraq abuse claims investigation 'a joke'
Prince Harry has denied a national newspaper report that he told friends an investigation into allegations of murder, abuse and torture of Iraqi civilians by UK military personnel is "a joke".
Harry's communications secretary, Jason Knauf, issued a strongly worded statement saying the Prince has not expressed a view to anyone about the work of the Iraq Historic Allegations Team (Ihat).
The Sun has reported that Harry, who served as an Army officer for 10 years and was deployed twice to Afghanistan, is understood to be deeply concerned about the plight of military personnel being... read more
- 12:47 Is this the UK's most remote eco-home? Unique 'pod' on the Isle of...
- 12:46 Wembley Stadium set to be sold by FA in astonishing £800m deal as...
- 12:45 Derbyshire police appoint new Assistant Chief Constable
- 12:45 BREAKING: Ulverston Beehive hub approved
- 12:44 Derbyshire police appoint new Assistant Chief Constable
- 12:44 Tristan Thompson grateful ‘there’s someone else people can be angry...
- 12:44 Jodie Marsh’s ex James Placido remarries months after bitter divorce
- 12:43 Deutsche Bank plans 'significant' job cuts
- 12:43 'You can’t just keep saying sorry': readers on Amber Rudd and Windrush
- 12:42 Motorcyclist suffered head and leg injuries in city-centre smash
- 12:42 Man jailed in connection with Underley Hall abuse
- 12:41 Big event in support of Alfie Evans and his family to be held at...
- 12:41 Cheers! It's a Beautiful World for award-winning Leicester pub boss...
- 12:41 Funding bids worth £1.1m are prepared
- 12:40 Lionel Messi wins EU court battle to trademark his own name after...
- 12:40 Sheffield murder victim's funeral to be held next week
- 12:39 Four Seasons app review: a concierge in your pocket
- 12:39 Derbyshire police appoint new Assistant Chief Constable
- 12:39 Facebook accused of bullying by MPs
- 12:37 Thames Valley Police Constable who feigned injury quits
- 12:37 Derbyshire police appoint new Assistant Chief Constable
- 12:37 Two taken to hospital after car flipped over near Old Red Lion in...
- 12:37 Lincolnshire ranked as one of the safest counties in England and Wales
- 12:37 Motorcyclist suffered head and leg injuries in city-centre smash
- 12:36 Observatory marks milestone with the launch of a new facility
- 12:35 Police want to trace this man in connection with meat thefts
- 12:35 How will the Spireites’ relegation from the Football affect...
- 12:35 Coronation Street spoilers: Alison King and Kym Marsh film mystery...
- 12:34 Dogs are taking over the anti-Brexit campaign with Wooferendum posters
- 12:33 Employees go the extra mile for Hatton Park based children’s charity