Harry Arter could have ditched us for England, admits Republic of Ireland manager Martin O'Neill
Martin O'Neill admits he would have been powerless to prevent Harry Arter defecting to England - and the Republic of Ireland boss will have to wait until 2017 before in-form Brentford striker Scott Hogan declares his allegiance.
There were suggestions this week that Bournemouth midfielder Arter - who has made three friendly appearances for Ireland - was considering his international future.
However, the 26-year-old - currently sidelined with a hamstring injury - remains committed to Ireland and could now make his competitive debut when they travel to Austria for a World Cup qualifier next... read more
- 03:37 David Cameron: West needs 'course correction' after Brexit vote and...
- 03:20 Conservatives win Sleaford by-election
- 03:05 Clinton calls 'fake news' a threat to U.S. democracy
- 03:04 Australia's richest woman Gina Rinehart to buy Kidman estate
- 02:48 Sydney doctor murdered wife with insulin shot
- 02:36 Burnley to welcome Syrian refugee families
- 02:31 Nikkei rises to highest in a year on Wall St strength, weaker yen
- 02:21 The £250,000 hangover: Trishna Thakrar’s ‘research’ sampling gin...
- 02:21 Stand by your man! Millie Mackintosh shows off her pins in a...
- 02:21 Kate Beckinsale takes centre stage in racy Gothic lace gown as she...
- 02:21 Saving the best fur last! Rita Ora rocks classically glamorous coat...
- 02:21 Sheer elegance! Suki Waterhouse steals the show in mesh top and...
- 02:13 Bolivian airline CEO to be jailed until soccer crash trial over
- 02:13 South Korea's President Park faces historic impeachment vote
- 02:10 Kirk Norcross 'splits from fiancée Holli Willis and sets his sights...
- 02:10 The ultimate Poshy parent? Victoria Beckham asked Nicole...
- 02:01 Nikkei hits 1-year high on Wall Street's record run, weaker yen
- 02:00 3M to sell identity management business to Gemalto
- 01:50 JAPAN'S NIKKEI SHARE AVERAGE RISES TO HIGHEST SINCE DECEMBER 2015
- 01:50 Rush-hour shooting on Kilburn High Road leaves one dead
- 01:42 Two-thirds 'back more police getting Tasers'
- 01:41 Ian Cathro ticks all the right boxes for Rangers counterpart Mark...
- 01:41 EFL Q&A: Lawrie Wilson on his special days at Wembley and Old...
- 01:37 Conor McGregor's character in Game of Thrones REVEALED
- 01:32 Korean president Park Geun-hye faces impeachment vote
- 01:30 Japan doubles Fukushima disaster-related cost to $188 billion
- 01:27 Doctors perform surgery on fetus in the womb at 32 weeks after...
- 01:25 Damien Chazelle on La La Land's 'challenging' opening
- 01:23 Yemen conflict: What Saudis seek to achieve in messy war?
- 01:14 Arsenal fan says ‘overrated’ Mesut Ozil ‘can leave tomorrow’ as...