Harlequins 43-21 Stade Francais: Home side make the most of fast start as Tim Visser helps secure bonus point win in Challenge Cup opener
A dominant first-half performance helped Harlequins storm to a 43-21 bonus point victory over Stade Francais in their European Challenge Cup opener at the Twickenham Stoop.
The game was as good as over by the interval as last season's runners-up raced into a 31-7 lead. In total Harlequins ran in seven tries as they claimed a third successive win over the French side
Quins got off to a flying start when Joe Marler crossed off the back of a driving maul after just four minutes for a try which Tim Swiel converted.
RELATED ARTICLES Previous 1 Next European club rugby is back and it is time the... read more
- 08:27 Britain's McBride sees challenging second half, keeps FY outlook
- 08:27 RISE AND SHINE: Live travel news, weather and fun features
- 08:26 RISE AND SHINE: Live travel news, weather and fun features
- 08:26 The Hoosiers and Toploader headline Tidal Waves Beach Festival at...
- 08:26 Twenty-year-old Bethany set to release fourth book in two years
- 08:26 The morning news headlines: Door won't shut on EU migrant workers -...
- 08:26 80mph winds expected to hit Britain as Storm Doris arrives
- 08:25 Drug needles found in Sheffield street
- 08:25 Jim Duffy: Searching for that spark of leadership
- 08:24 Letter: How much longer do taxpayers have to be at bottom of the list?
- 08:25 Kei Nishikori stunned at Rio Open by Thomaz Bellucci
- 08:24 Tipping point: Is fly-tipping getting out of control in Shropshire?
- 08:25 Angela Merkel facing election threat in head-to-head with former EU...
- 08:24 Prostate cancer: Ex-boxer Richie Woodhall urges Shropshire men to...
- 08:24 Van crash driver from Shrewsbury more than twice the drink-drive limit
- 08:24 Time to Bring on the Bride - could you star in new TV show?
- 08:24 Shropshire Council leader defends councillors' £11,500 alllowances
- 08:24 The morning news headlines: Door won't shut on EU migrant workers -...
- 08:24 Red light cameras for Telford's problem Trench Lock interchange
- 08:24 Obese men last 1 minute and 30 seconds longer in bed – here’s why
- 08:24 80mph winds expected to hit Britain as Storm Doris arrives
- 08:24 Shropshire's most deadly roads: Map highlights county's crash hotspots
- 08:23 EastEnders viewers OUTRAGED as they spot major Queen Vic collapse...
- 08:23 Jo Cox’s heartbroken husband admits anguish of MP’s death ‘still...
- 08:23 The morning news headlines: Door won't shut on EU migrant workers -...
- 08:23 Radical plans for healthcare overhaul to plug £400m black hole
- 08:23 Fallout over conference's 'all-male panel'
- 08:23 Models Own makes Leeds its flagship
- 08:22 Transfer News: Chelsea swap, battle for Arsenal ace, Man United...
- 08:22 Former Manchester United defender Paul Parker criticises treatment...