Hargreaves Lansdown complains to govt over Lloyds share sale plan
Oct 12 Fund supermarket Hargreaves Lansdown said on Wednesday it had written to the British government to protest about the potential exclusion of retail investors from the sale of its remaining stake in Lloyds Banking Group.
UK Financial Investments Limited (UKFI), which manages the government's stake in the bailed-out bank, said on Friday it would relaunch a trading plan to try to return Lloyds to full private ownership through sales of stock to institutional investors over the next 12 months.
But it recommended scrapping plans to sell off some shares via a discounted offer to the general... read more
- 06:28 What the inside of Virgin Voyages’ first cruise ship looks like
- 06:28 Woman gets stuck behind 94 tractors while going into labour
- 06:28 Baby has rare condition which gives her hair like Albert Einstein
- 06:27 Hartlepool MP to act on Jehovah’s Witness concerns from former...
- 06:27 Troubled primary school facing financial problems which could lead...
- 06:27 Work programme helps fill roles at new Subway set to open in summer
- 06:27 Call for tougher sentences for weapons offences as fraction get...
- 06:27 Work well underway on new Lidl store set to open in Hartlepool
- 06:27 Knitters urged to make new outfits for Bradley Lowery Foundation...
- 06:25 Having more sex might improve your memory
- 06:25 Over a quarter of UK millennials are up for dating someone much older
- 06:23 The friend effect: why the secret of health and happiness is...
- 06:22 No food, no water: African migrants recount terrifying Atlantic...
- 06:20 Authors of “Fit at Mid-Life” book urge others to try fit at 50...
- 06:20 Public urged to share their NHS stories for 70th anniversary
- 06:20 Cristiano Ronaldo wishes he was facing Man Utd not Liverpool in...
- 06:18 Chris Marshall: Reaction to special constable in a hijab says a lot
- 06:18 Leader comment: Kirk should sound trumpet over sexism
- 06:18 Leader comment: A dated approach to history
- 06:18 Scots medicial chiefs warn NHS ‘stretched to the limit’ by Brexit
- 06:18 Scots civic leaders launch declaration to prevent Brexit
- 06:18 Edinburgh schools review decision postponed
- 06:14 Government was too slow to spot Carillion's trouble brewing – MPs
- 06:13 Double standards
- 06:13 The vulnerable need more protection
- 06:10 Man Utd star Juan Mata has classy message for Chelsea and fans...
- 06:09 Jack Catterall to cheer on Terry Flanagan ahead of potential world...
- 06:09 Preston boxer Amalie goes for European glory in Bulgaria
- 06:09 Three-year deal is Darnell Fisher’s reward for strong first season...
- 06:08 Study suggests Grammar school students unlikely to do better than...