Hargreaves Lansdown complains to govt over Lloyds share sale plan
Oct 12 Fund supermarket Hargreaves Lansdown said on Wednesday it had written to the British government to protest about the potential exclusion of retail investors from the sale of its remaining stake in Lloyds Banking Group.
UK Financial Investments Limited (UKFI), which manages the government's stake in the bailed-out bank, said on Friday it would relaunch a trading plan to try to return Lloyds to full private ownership through sales of stock to institutional investors over the next 12 months.
But it recommended scrapping plans to sell off some shares via a discounted offer to the general... read more
- 10:26 48-year-old man stabbed to death on bus named
- 10:26 Man due in court over fatal stabbing in east London
- 10:26 Hundreds seeking compensation over ops by convicted breast surgeon
- 10:26 Theresa May commits to delivering HS2 rail link
- 10:25 CCTV of moment sex attacker stalked victim hours before marrying...
- 10:25 Bar flouts food safety laws by selling cheaper version of spirit
- 10:25 The Nostalgia Column with Margaret Watson
- 10:24 Teens jump 20ft from window to escape armed intruder who planned to...
- 10:24 Take a look at David Beckham as he swaps the football kit for a...
- 10:24 Celebrating boxing's greatest fight nights in Britain
- 10:22 Katie Price reveals she lets her kids poo in her garden because she...
- 10:21 Hospital kitchen staff serve up five-star food rating for patients
- 10:21 The Nostalgia Column with Margaret Watson
- 10:19 Troy Deeney uses Eric Bailly as an example to perfectly explain...
- 10:19 Chester knitters invited to get crafty for Age UK fundraising appeal
- 10:19 Teenage girl raped in Northumberland park
- 10:18 Real Madrid have launched 'Operation David de Gea’… so is this the...
- 10:18 Tour de Yorkshire: Day Two live blog
- 10:18 Barcelona and Espanyol's derby showdown has more bad blood than...
- 10:18 Gillingham suspend striker Donnelly ahead of crucial Cobblers clash
- 10:17 Traffic and travel for Leicestershire - updates
- 10:17 Vaisakhi parade: Biggest Sikh event of the year to bring thousands...
- 10:17 Live updates as police 'incident' on Humber Bridge causes traffic...
- 10:16 Transfer News: Man United's £40m talks, Chelsea stars' meeting,...
- 10:16 May Day bank holiday misery for Furness train travellers this weekend
- 10:16 Tour de Yorkshire: Day Two live blog
- 10:15 Notorious Afghan warlord calls for peace in first public speech
- 10:15 Tony Ferguson: Nate Diaz, you're f**king scared homie
- 10:15 Victims of sick surgeon who butchered women’s breasts to...
- 10:15 Tour de Yorkshire Day 1: Thrills and spills at the seaside