Hargreaves Lansdown complains to govt over Lloyds share sale plan
Oct 12 Fund supermarket Hargreaves Lansdown said on Wednesday it had written to the British government to protest about the potential exclusion of retail investors from the sale of its remaining stake in Lloyds Banking Group.
UK Financial Investments Limited (UKFI), which manages the government's stake in the bailed-out bank, said on Friday it would relaunch a trading plan to try to return Lloyds to full private ownership through sales of stock to institutional investors over the next 12 months.
But it recommended scrapping plans to sell off some shares via a discounted offer to the general... read more
- 18:45 POLL: Will World Cup echo 1936 Berlin Olympics?
- 18:43 Sheffield GPs launch fresh crackdown on people missing doctors...
- 18:42 Jeremy Corbyn sacks Owen Smith for calling for new EU referendum
- 18:42 Raising funds for curlew campaign
- 18:42 Owen Smith sacked from Corbyn’s shadow cabinet after Brexit call
- 18:42 Sleepy world of retail mattress sales gets rude awakening
- 18:40 MP Dan Jarvis to stand for Sheffield City Region mayor
- 18:40 Ministry of Sound DJ set to rock Skegness at watersports festival
- 18:40 Jeremy Corbyn sacks Labour frontbencher over referendum call
- 18:39 Roadworks latest: Where to expect delays on Saturday, March 24,...
- 18:38 Peggy Walford obituary
- 18:38 Two mums on cocaine rammed car into pedestrians and hit them...
- 18:37 Man appears in court over death of former Taggart star John...
- 18:37 Catalan leaders charged with rebellion by Spanish court after...
- 18:37 Hero cop fighting for his life after swapping place with hostage in...
- 18:37 POLL: Will World Cup echo 1936 Berlin Olympics?
- 18:34 Vote Leave chief Dominic Cummings denies Cambridge Analytica links
- 18:34 Ministry of Sound DJ set to rock Skegness at watersports festival
- 18:32 MPs to investigate gender pay gap amid fears scheme falls short
- 18:32 Netherlands v England: international friendly – live!
- 18:31 Holland vs England LIVE: Score updates as Three Lions continue...
- 18:31 COMPETITION: Win stunning once-in-a-lifetime British Superbike prize
- 18:31 Netherland vs England LIVE STREAM: How to watch international...
- 18:30 Owen Smith sacked from Labour party frontbench
- 18:29 78 drivers stopped today were reported for traffic offences by...
- 18:29 YouTube wants to 'frustrate' users with ads so they pay for music
- 18:29 Half of African species 'face extinction'
- 18:27 Donald Trump refuses to answer questions about ‘affairs’ with...
- 18:27 Winter Olympic medallist returns home to find angry note telling...
- 18:27 Man Utd boss Jose Mourinho must do ONE key thing to keep up with...