Hargreaves Lansdown complains to government over Lloyds share sale plan
Fund supermarket Hargreaves Lansdown (HRGV.L) said on Wednesday it had written to the British government to protest about the potential exclusion of retail investors from the sale of its remaining stake in Lloyds Banking Group (LLOY.L).
UK Financial Investments Limited (UKFI), which manages the government's stake in the bailed-out bank, said on Friday it would relaunch a trading plan to try to return Lloyds to full private ownership through sales of stock to institutional investors over the next 12 months.
But it recommended scrapping plans to sell off some shares via a discounted offer to... read more
- 07:47 Premier Inn work to start this summer
- 07:46 Cast of the Customs House show Mt Uncle Freddie visit Beamish for...
- 07:43 Delays and cancellations on Northern trains
- 07:43 Work starts on £7.5million specialist dementia care home
- 07:41 Billboard Awards 2018: Ed Sheeran wins big and Avicii tributes
- 07:41 Help is out there for Sunderland dementia sufferers thanks to new...
- 07:40 Inga Maria Hauser murder: Two men arrested in Loughguile
- 07:40 Under-threat community hub raises nearly £30,000 in a month
- 07:40 A shot in the dark
- 07:40 Alarm at how services run increases yearly
- 07:40 Fire ravaged Ovenden Hotel to be demolished for housing development
- 07:40 Change of name
- 07:40 Ever seen a badger pole dance? We have
- 07:40 Car stolen from Sheffield after seller advertised it on Facebook
- 07:39 Blackpool nurse helps reduce A&E visits from a group of ‘frequent...
- 07:39 Delays and cancellations on Northern trains
- 07:39 ‘Shocked’ Blackpool nan finds pony in backyard
- 07:39 Liverpool news: Jordan Henderson reveals he REFUSED transfer
- 07:39 Barcelona pay tribute to Andres Iniesta as Lionel Messi talks up...
- 07:37 Drivers in the dark over MOT changes
- 07:31 UK engineering's gender imbalance is embarrassing, leading figure says
- 07:31 Can you solve it? The birthday birthday problem
- 07:30 Markets rally as US and China call trade war truce - business live
- 07:30 Police searching for missing man find body in Leicester
- 07:30 Great Northern, Southern and Thameslink trains cancelled and delayed
- 07:29 Raise a glass at town venue beer festival
- 07:27 Blackpool Council to invest more cash in £25m conference centre...
- 07:24 South Cumbria catches Royal Wedding fever as Prince Harry and...
- 07:24 Drink driver banned after being over the limit in Ambleside
- 07:24 Can you offer 'lovely and gentle' Dave a new home