Hard-working Carlisle woman, 84, marks 50 years' service with same firm
At an age when most people have been enjoying retirement for nearly 20 years, June Dixon is still enjoying the job she says has kept her young.
The 84-year-old has chalked up 50 years with the same city firm – and this was celebrated with colleagues at Pioneer keen to mark the milestone.
June joined the city food firm in 1966 – a year when The Beatles were still the biggest band around and England won the World Cup.
Now, five decades later, she is still going strong.
“I can’t believe it’s been all this time,” said June.
“I have to be working. I can’t just sit and do nothing.
“Even if I’m in... read more
- 14:48 Sky Sports man reveals shock Man Utd move that could happen in next...
- 14:48 Ricky Ponting: Joe Root must be given England captaincy well before...
- 14:48 North East MPs tell PM Theresa May: Reveal Government 'guarantees'...
- 14:48 Tesco recalls ready meal over health concerns
- 14:47 WE MAKE QUIZZING FUN: Rumours of this week's Fleetwood Mac top...
- 14:47 OPINION: Derby County need to ease goalscoring pressures on Tom Ince
- 14:47 Police stop 8,000 mobile phone drivers in one week
- 14:47 Jurgen Klopp expects to see ‘100 per cent’ from the Liverpool crowd...
- 14:47 Top banks' fourth-quarter commodities revenue jumps 20-25 percent -...
- 14:46 Rafael Nadal opens up after battling win over Gael Monfils at...
- 14:46 E-cigarettes ‘attract teenagers who wouldn’t normally smoke,' finds...
- 14:46 North East MPs tell PM Theresa May: Reveal Government 'guarantees'...
- 14:46 Danny Cowley happy to see Lincoln City fans back in Stacey West Stand
- 14:44 Watch Saturday Night Live’s musical sketch tribute to Barack Obama
- 14:44 Caught in queues in London Road this morning? Here's why
- 14:43 AMERICA’S BREXIT? New bill could pull US out of UN in funding row
- 14:43 Ethiopian crushed to death in Calais – but police REFUSE to accept...
- 14:43 Classic 1973 Range Rover that travelled through AFRICA goes on sale
- 14:43 WATCH: Young girl, 7, pens heartfelt open letter to Prime Minister...
- 14:42 Drunk driver attempted to flee after high-speed crash on A59 at...
- 14:42 Police concerned for safety of 25-year-old man
- 14:42 Public urged to vote for Scotland’s beavers
- 14:41 Charity challenge Walking With The Wounded aiming for biggest year yet
- 14:41 Warning to older people as Met Office issues cold weather alert
- 14:40 Holbeach Music Cafe to reopen at WI Hall
- 14:40 Emergency planning meeting to mobilise village community
- 14:40 Anglesey farmer forks out £500 after assaulting young woman in pub...
- 14:40 German government holds 2017 growth forecast at 1.4 percent - sources
- 14:39 Wall St. set to open lower amid uncertainty under Trump
- 14:39 Ban lifted on Indian bull-taming events to end mass protests