Hard-working Carlisle woman, 84, marks 50 years' service with same firm
At an age when most people have been enjoying retirement for nearly 20 years, June Dixon is still enjoying the job she says has kept her young.
The 84-year-old has chalked up 50 years with the same city firm – and this was celebrated with colleagues at Pioneer keen to mark the milestone.
June joined the city food firm in 1966 – a year when The Beatles were still the biggest band around and England won the World Cup.
Now, five decades later, she is still going strong.
“I can’t believe it’s been all this time,” said June.
“I have to be working. I can’t just sit and do nothing.
“Even if I’m in... read more
- 09:51 WATCH: Aston Villa boss Steve Bruce talks Derby and the latest team...
- 09:51 West Brom emerge as a favourite to sign former Wolves man
- 09:51 Blackpool: From the courts 27-04-18
- 09:51 Simon Weston dinner axed over low ticket sales
- 09:50 ‘We need darkness for our health’ councillors claim as they approve...
- 09:50 Beyonce, Kelly Rowland and Michelle Williams did not have to slay...
- 09:49 The best historic halls in Lancashire
- 09:49 UK growth in first quarter falls to 0.1%, says ONS
- 09:48 RBS profits treble to £792million in early 2018, as taxpayer-backed...
- 09:48 Burnley MP backs local 'health and care heroes' for NHS birthday...
- 09:48 World Snooker Championship 2018 LIVE: Updates from Ronnie...
- 09:47 Leamington celebrate survival
- 09:46 The best historic halls in Lancashire
- 09:45 The EFL and Football Supporters Federation launch new fan survey on...
- 09:45 Giannis Antetokounmpo shines as Bill Clinton watches from courtside...
- 09:45 Premier League team news, odds and stats from every match this weekend
- 09:44 Burnley MP backs local 'health and care heroes' for NHS birthday...
- 09:44 Watch drink driver's wild ride which was caught on her own dash cam
- 09:44 DERBYSHIRE: Safeguarding training for taxi and bus drivers
- 09:43 Staff, students and parents at a Cumbria school have condemned the...
- 09:43 Carlisle's historic Waverley Viaduct set to reopen as river crossing
- 09:43 Have you seen missing Spalding man Szymon Janczewski?
- 09:42 Tributes paid to young Leeds man killed in Doncaster horror smash
- 09:42 Double-amputee climbs 2,700 steps using just her arms
- 09:42 Caught on camera in Leeds: Can you help police identify these people?
- 09:42 FEATURE: 'How HS2 has affected my life for the last seven years’
- 09:41 Couple fuming after 15 hour flight ends with them back at same...
- 09:41 CCTV APPEAL: Elderly Preston couple conned out of home and savings
- 09:41 Carlisle's historic Waverley Viaduct set to reopen as river crossing
- 09:41 Bourne Rotarians donate VR headsets to hospice