'Hard Brexit' could cost UK finance firms 38 billion pounds – report
The British financial industry could lose up to 38 billion pounds ($48.34 billion) in revenue in a so-called 'hard Brexit' that would leave it with restricted access to the EU single market, according to a report on Tuesday commissioned by a financial industry group.
If finance firms lose the right to freely sell their services across Europe, 75,000 jobs may disappear, according to the report by consultancy firm Oliver Wyman.
There is growing speculation that the sector, which includes retail banks, asset managers, insurers and investment banks, will lose rights as the British government... read more
- 08:40 Jamie and Louise Redknapp deny marriage trouble rumours amid claims...
- 08:39 Police still questioning Whitehall knifeman terror suspect as six...
- 08:38 Mansfield and district crime report
- 08:37 Stoke City news and transfer rumours LIVE: All the matchday...
- 08:36 Man saved young boy from Rutland Water
- 08:34 Petition opposes sale of any council homes in Shropshire
- 08:34 Oswestry’s Orthopaedic Hospital veterans’ centre would be first
- 08:34 No Shifnal Town Council poll due to lack of candidates
- 08:34 EasyBus link between Shrewsbury and Chester to start
- 08:34 Man who showed 'no remorse' jailed for sexual assault
- 08:34 Eastham Bridge collapse: Relief after new crossing is installed
- 08:34 Judge gives Telford drug addict a final chance
- 08:34 Telford landlord licence plan consultation delayed until...
- 08:34 Shropshire Council powers have been chipped away, says David Lloyd
- 08:34 Shrewsbury mother who left her children, aged four and 11,...
- 08:34 Chance to comment on spots for planting
- 08:34 Peter drives off with top national recognition
- 08:33 RISE AND SHINE: Live travel updates, weather and fun quizzes
- 08:32 Historic pubs included in new real ale guide
- 08:31 Chelsea team predicted: Antonio Conte’s starting XI to face Everton
- 08:30 Philippine military says high-ranking Abu Sayyaf member killed
- 08:28 Berwick Community Trust chief reflects on twin town visit
- 08:28 Drones and fighting cyber crime make for good business inside the...
- 08:28 £4k boost for African trip
- 08:26 Joe Hart wants Manchester United transfer to prove Pep Guardiola wrong
- 08:25 China deports US 'spy' Sandy Phan-Gillis after conviction
- 08:24 Holme Valley stroke survivors tells their stories for Stroke...
- 08:24 Jane Bradley: Don’t make sport out of pregnancy
- 08:24 Stephen Jardine: I’ll try the vegetarian way in meat-free May
- 08:24 RISE AND SHINE: Live travel updates, weather and fun quizzes