'Hard Brexit' could cost UK finance firms 38 billion pounds – report
The British financial industry could lose up to 38 billion pounds ($48.34 billion) in revenue in a so-called 'hard Brexit' that would leave it with restricted access to the EU single market, according to a report on Tuesday commissioned by a financial industry group.
If finance firms lose the right to freely sell their services across Europe, 75,000 jobs may disappear, according to the report by consultancy firm Oliver Wyman.
There is growing speculation that the sector, which includes retail banks, asset managers, insurers and investment banks, will lose rights as the British government... read more
- 09:02 Manchester United vs Southampton, EFL Cup final High Court: Which...
- 09:02 WATCH: 10 of the most viewed Storm Doris videos
- 09:01 North East news LIVE: Latest breaking news, sport, weather, traffic...
- 08:59 Muhammad Ali’s son detained by immigration staff and repeatedly...
- 08:59 Toothless Michael Wright who roams Pearson Park wanted by police
- 08:58 The night Foo Fighters played Sheffield Arena
- 08:56 Councillors argue over almost 5% increase in tax bills
- 08:56 Grimsby Town will strive to find the right balance in League Two...
- 08:56 Grimsby Town boss Marcus Bignot says his Mariners have the X-Factor...
- 08:56 Selfless YMCA volunteer took fatal overdose
- 08:54 Troubled Black Country bar fails to sell at auction
- 08:54 'I was that big, I could steer the bus with my belly': Driver John...
- 08:54 Chipperfield's Circus to keep lions at farm after vets give all-clear
- 08:54 Dozens of jobs for Walsall as Iceland plans new 'food warehouse'
- 08:53 £12,000 worth of outdoor clothing stolen from Lincolnshire business
- 08:53 Cabbie is sick of fines issued in error at McDonalds car park in...
- 08:53 Jurgen Klopp: Liverpool will sack me like Claudio Ranieri if I...
- 08:52 Weather forecast for the East Midlands: Saturday February 25
- 08:50 The Conservation Volunteers are helping bring more woodland to West...
- 08:50 Weather forecast for the East Midlands: Saturday February 25
- 08:49 Swansea boss Paul Clement sends warning to Chelsea ahead of Premier...
- 08:48 Newcastle is UK’s most sleep deprived city
- 08:48 The ruinous effects of sly late payments
- 08:48 GPs sought to work in ambulance call centre
- 08:48 Funding stream supporting young people ends
- 08:48 Concerns over doorstep lenders
- 08:48 Work to rejuvenate estate nears completion
- 08:48 Drop-in event to highlight apprenticeship changes
- 08:48 Ashington win nine-goal thriller against Guisborough with last...
- 08:48 Jobs fair to be held at business park