Hard Brexit 'could cost financial sector £38bn'
The financial industry could lose £38bn if the UK quits the single market, a report commissioned by a group lobbying on behalf of the City has said.
The report, commissioned by TheCityUK, also said up to 75,000 jobs could go.
The sector is concerned at the prospect of a so-called "hard Brexit", with the UK leaving the EU single market in order to regain control of immigration.
On Sunday, the Prime Minister said "we are not leaving the EU only to give up control of immigration again".
Her comments helped to trigger a fall in the pound, which dropped to a 31-year low... read more
- 15:25 Fresh Tube strikes to hit London from tomorrow
- 15:25 Man with world’s biggest penis – 19 inches – could be appearing in...
- 15:25 Chelsea eyeing Diego Lopez and Tim Krul as Asmir Begovic nears...
- 15:24 'I heard them scream that they were on fire': Flight director who...
- 15:24 Did an earthquake in Nepal knock an inch off Everest? Doubts over...
- 15:24 Driving standing up conviction for tall Newcastle man
- 15:24 Peta calls for Scotland’s last elephant to be moved to sanctuary
- 15:22 Woman beaten and robbed after dropping children off at school
- 15:22 Government loses Supreme Court Brexit battle
- 15:22 Burton Albion transfer news: Nigel Clough waiting on two loan...
- 15:22 Mohamed Elneny wants to become a legend at Arsenal like Thierry Henry
- 15:22 Dancer celebrates her 100th birthday
- 15:22 John Brayford won't rely on luck as Burton Albion look to turn...
- 15:21 Melton variety night show raises over £900 for Rainbows
- 15:20 Troll says he’s ‘glad’ former Man City ballboy, 19, died from cancer
- 15:19 We don’t want to alarm anyone, but they’ve invented a bacon toaster
- 15:19 This young couple saved up to travel the world by giving up their...
- 15:19 Asda go the extra mile with 10k support
- 15:19 Well known jeweller was a real gem of a lady
- 15:19 Top shots from the Masters by snooker’s finest
- 15:19 One in, one out: Manager confirms Chelsea arrival means ace is leaving
- 15:18 Proggy mats set for American adventure
- 15:18 The future is bright for Hartlepool United under Dave Jones - Sam...
- 15:18 Manchester United goalkeeper De Gea explains why he's excited
- 15:17 Pokemon Go RIVAL Pokemon Duel gets SHOCK release on iPhone and Android
- 15:17 HSBC's Huddersfield branch survives closures
- 15:17 Oscars 2017 nominations SNUBS: From Amy Adams to Deadpool
- 15:16 Muslim campaigner backs Catholic school which banned...
- 15:16 New Mitsubishi SUV to be unveiled at Geneva Motor Show 2017 - pictures
- 15:16 Twitter backlash as Trump signs anti-abortion law in one of first...