Hard Brexit 'could affect up to 75,000 financial services sector jobs'
The cost of a so-called "hard Brexit" to revenues in Britain's financial services sector could be as high as £38 billion, with up to 75,000 jobs in the firing line, a study shows.
The scenario in which British companies are unable to sell services across the European single market, outlined in a study commissioned by TheCityUK, would also see the Treasury lose up to £10 billion in tax revenue.
Sir Hector Sants, vice chairman at Oliver Wyman, which authored the report, said: "It is in everyone's best interests for there to be a positive outcome to the negotiations that is... read more
- 09:37 Driver caught doing 105mph on A19 had cannabis on her
- 09:37 Matlock bakers raise dough for children’s charity
- 09:37 Pub manager’s drink-drive crash shame
- 09:36 Cheeky Skegness thief paid for sink in box he had filled filled...
- 09:36 Iskra Lawrence totally ‘cell-u-lit’ up the red carpet at the...
- 09:36 Transfer news LIVE updates: Aubameyang to Arsenal latest, Man Utd,...
- 09:36 Do you recognise these tools believed stolen in Skegness?
- 09:36 Fantasy Premier League tips: Bargain Fantasy Football price falls...
- 09:36 Dan Walker ‘appalled’ by Louise Minchin’s opinion on VERY...
- 09:36 Stephen Elliott says it should be a no-brainer for former team-mate...
- 09:35 Thieves steal £500 worth of electric tools from car
- 09:35 Application submitted for Seascale School new-build
- 09:35 Labour selects new candidate to fight Morecambe and Lunesdal seat
- 09:34 Real Madrid 'identify Liverpool's Mohamed Salah as top target' for...
- 09:34 Teletubbies Tinky Winky actor Simon Barnes found dead aged 52 at...
- 09:34 Latest news from Northumberland Bird Club
- 09:34 Gossip: Wolves and Aston Villa both interested in French striker
- 09:34 Angels campaign to keep EU passports
- 09:34 Arsenal legend Thierry Henry hits back at Alexis Sanchez's...
- 09:34 Pension decision looming large for older residents
- 09:34 Oncology unit at Berwick Infirmary to be refurbished
- 09:33 Rudgate tipple proves popular with MPs
- 09:33 Pub manager’s drink-drive crash shame
- 09:31 Barrow Police investigate burglary at disused Abbey Road warehouse
- 09:31 A Ferry eye-popping display! Geordie Shore's Chloe shows off her...
- 09:31 Carillion: Kier Group boss urges new bid process
- 09:31 Braless Tiffany Watson shows off her ample gravity-defying cleavage...
- 09:31 'What is wrong with me?' Georgia 'Toff' Toffolo takes an EPIC...
- 09:31 New Holland and Barrett opening in Kenilworth
- 09:31 Traffic delays after overturned lorry sheds cheese load