Harborne new chip shop Gabriels review: This could turn out to be one top chippy
In a society where we expect everything to be ready yesterday, it makes a refreshing change to be kept waiting at the brand new Gabriels takeaway chip shop and restaurant.
Every customer before and after I was served kept being told the same thing.
“We’re just cooking your fish, fresh.”
Or: “Please wait a moment, we are cooking your chips.”
And, guess what – nobody was complaining.
Which just goes to show how you can always make waves by bucking the trend. Crikey... they even sell green tea to drink here.
And non-meat eaters can order meals like chargrilled veg and chips... read more
- 12:11 Nigel Slater’s leek, potato and mackerel
- 12:11 Rachel Roddy’s recipe for real minestrone soup
- 12:11 Double mini-roundabout to deal with 400 new houses in Albert...
- 12:10 Cat's leg amputated after 'mindless cowards' set dog on it
- 12:10 Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink: I want this player at Chelsea next season
- 12:10 Chelsea star Willian reveals what David Luiz told him before...
- 12:10 Aaron Ramsey: What my Arsenal team-mates really think of Arsene Wenger
- 12:10 Are we a nation of hypochondriacs? Majority of people wasting NHS...
- 12:10 The student left looking like a SNAKE due to exam stress:...
- 12:10 'I plan to enjoy my life for the first time': Surgeons remove Thai...
- 12:10 Doctors are asking the 'least bad' patients to sleep in corridors...
- 12:09 Our health workers suffering ‘anxiety and stress epidemic’
- 12:09 Schoolgirl died from asthma attack while running to catch a tram
- 12:09 Police responding to Tunisian hotel attack were ‘cowardly’
- 12:08 Competition: Win tickets to Manchester United v Bournemouth at Old...
- 12:08 Jamie Carragher blasts Jurgen Klopp for not fixing Liverpool’s one...
- 12:08 Now millennials are killing marmalade
- 12:08 The surprise Celtic players who have starred in a season of dominance
- 12:07 My night in naked New Orleans: the Mardi Gras party I'll never forget
- 12:07 BBC films Bargain Hunt in St Wulfram’s in Grantham
- 12:07 Horror movie shot by Kettering-born producer needs crowdfunding...
- 12:06 Where have all the female travel writers gone?
- 12:06 Chairman Judy hosts gala night of Bourne talent
- 12:06 When is Mother's Day 2017 and why do we celebrate it?
- 12:05 Lancaster schools warn over ‘perverts’ playground’ online game
- 12:05 Sexual health campaign steps up gear
- 12:05 THE BIG ISSUE: Crushing blow for illegal coursers in police action
- 12:05 Flood alerts for Hull and East Yorkshire coast issued by...
- 12:05 What happened when David Harewood met Samuel L Jackson
- 12:04 Man City target Virgil van Dijk will not leave Southampton without...