Happy days for Jamie Oliver as his food empire reports a pukka profit after shutting down cooking schools
Jamie Oliver's business empire is back in health after strong trading at its restaurant chain and TV production division.
Its media arm, which makes a host of popular shows, including Jamie's Super Food and Cheryl: Access All Areas, is back into the black with a £1million profit.
This is better than the £9.8million loss posted last year as new chief executive Paul Hunt, who is Oliver's brother-in-law, launched a strategic review of the business and decided to close the Recipease cookery schools.
Profits for the group rose £10.2million for 2015 up from £200,000, on sales of £31.9million down... read more
- 03:31 Exclusive - China eyes 12 percent broad money supply rise in 2017:...
- 03:31 Southern train drivers strike after court rejects appeal
- 21:26 Simon Henig on why Durham County Council had no choice but to save...
- 19:18 Former fire service boss threw knife and dirty dishes at his...
- 18:49 Watch the moment FIVE clubbers pile into a Newcastle taxi in the...
- 17:28 Here's one Chinese man pleased that Toon boss Rafa Benitez isn't...
- 16:35 Thief who stole from pensioner's handbag left on the Metro...
- 16:35 Police investigate reports of man flashing at women in Walker area...
- 03:21 India launches record-breaking 104 satellites from single rocket
- 03:21 Firms urged to publish ethnic breakdown
- 03:20 Dear Sir, I'm sorry: letters of apology to former teachers
- 03:15 James O'Connor will not be offered new contract, says Toulon owner
- 03:07 Jonathan Gibbs: We must save rural life – but this school had to die
- 03:05 Prison officers to withdraw from riot duty in pay dispute
- 03:04 Review faults Washington police handling of inaugural protests
- 03:02 Roy Keane launches another dig at Jose Mourinho over his Manchester...
- 02:57 Nigel Farage aide defects to Tories claiming a mass exodus from Ukip
- 02:54 What happens in the brain when you learn a language?
- 02:49 Overwatch Season 4’s new hero has another big hint shared on Twitter
- 02:40 Top 10 state and national parks in Texas
- 02:35 Deportation of student halted hours before she was due to board plane
- 02:32 How statistics lost their power – and why we should fear what comes...
- 02:29 The 20 big questions in science
- 02:27 UK government surplus gives Philip Hammond pre-budget boost
- 02:24 Top 10 national parks in Arizona
- 02:19 Network Rail fined £4m after woman killed by train at foot crossing
- 02:09 Warren Buffett, 'Oracle of Omaha', criticises Wall Street and...
- 02:08 Top 10 bars in Nashville
- 02:05 Is Australia Racist? SBS documentary makes for uncomfortable viewing
- 02:03 Big tourism must demand action to save the reef – its business...