Happy days as Hillmorton Ex-Servicemen’s Club bucks the trend
At a time when venues are closing all around the country there’s a bright new future in store for one flourishing club at the heart of its community.
After a major refurbishment, the Hillmorton Ex-Servicemen’s Club will soon be reaching out to people all across Rugby, offering a new option for functions and celebrations.
The club is in High Street and was established after the First World War as The Discharged and Demobilised Sailors, Soldiers and Airman’s Association.
It is now in sight of celebrating its centenary in 2020.
All of the club’s public rooms have been refurbished in recent... read more
- 00:18 Headingley experts set to offer advice
- 00:18 Report reveals NHS failing Down’s syndrome patients
- 00:18 Sarra Hoy becomes premature birth charity ambassador
- 00:16 Triumphs of science fiction’s collective imagination
- 00:16 Much to admire in diva’s biodrama
- 00:16 A Woolf at the door of greatness
- 00:16 Rugby Union: NZ opts out of playing England in November
- 00:16 Bronze confident of beating Fortuna
- 00:16 ILO extends probe into labour laws
- 00:16 Rehabilitating George Bush and Tony Blair
- 00:16 ‘I don’t want no peace, I want rights and justice’
- 00:16 Did Orwell steal from a communist artist?
- 00:16 Labour forces another U-turn
- 00:16 Sudoku 3703 hard
- 00:16 Turkey, al-Qaida and the US all launch fresh offensives
- 00:16 Eurozone chief faces fury over insults
- 00:16 Venezuela: US diplomats ‘seek anti-Maduro allies’
- 00:16 Bosses told to give back job to abused nurse
- 00:16 State pension age could be raised to 70, says report
- 00:16 Teachers from NUT and ATL form super-union
- 00:16 Westminster in Lockdown
- 00:12 Westminster attack death toll rises to five
- 00:11 Arsenal star Nacho Monreal: What I think about Arsene Wenger's future
- 00:11 Coronation Street spoiler: Will David Platt’s secret FINALLY be...
- 00:10 'Solidarity and support': world leaders send wishes after attack in...
- 00:09 Recorded child abuse cases hit an all-time high
- 00:09 Westminster attack death toll rises to five
- 00:06 This postcode tracker shows how many people in Coventry are having...
- 00:01 Serious sex attack on woman in West Yorkshire village
- 00:00 44 Scotland Street: Homo ludens