Hanjin lost 'game of chicken' among global shippers: chairman
The collapsed Hanjin Shipping Co Ltd (117930.KS) could not compete against global rivals that were supported by their governments, the chairman of its parent firm told a parliamentary hearing on Tuesday.
The world's seventh-largest container shipper sought court receivership in late August after its creditors led by a South Korean state bank halted further support, stranding $14 billion in cargo and sending waves through global trade networks.
"Hanjin Shipping lost the game of chicken played among large shippers," Hanjin Group chairman Cho Yang-ho told the hearing.
"As a... read more
- 00:20 Brigitte Macron dons tight LEATHER trousers as she takes dog Nemo...
- 00:20 Melania Trump stuns in baby pink as Kirstjen Nielsen appointed head...
- 00:19 Edinburgh aim to bring Krasny Yar back down to earth in Moscow
- 00:19 Hogg fitter, stronger and faster for Warriors return
- 00:18 Venezuela crisis: Retirements ruined and families pulled apart
- 00:18 Megan McKenna ‘quits Towie’ in shock move amidst Pete Wicks...
- 00:17 NBA LIVE scores: All the latest from Cavaliers, Celtics, Warriors...
- 00:17 Cavaliers vs Bucks LIVE stream: How to watch LeBron James and Greek...
- 00:16 The Champions League 'Battle of Britain' between Rangers and Leeds...
- 00:16 Golf's crazy money: From Tiger Woods' $1.4bn career to Rory...
- 00:13 Thrilling audiovisual Antarctic adventure
- 00:13 Happy birthday to the 1917 revolution, and me
- 00:13 Capital ring master
- 00:13 Everton on the brink of collapse as players lose their cool in loss
- 00:13 England get to flex their muscles in dominant win
- 00:13 Clarke feared losing his job over equality
- 00:13 ‘National strength and international influence’
- 00:13 Four decades of economic denial delusion and lies
- 00:13 The NHS winter crisis is coming
- 00:13 Tory disarray on Europe
- 00:13 Peasants to strike over inaction on land distribution
- 00:13 Baghdad forces and Kurds exchange fire
- 00:13 Mud insists on full audit of elections
- 00:13 Thousands to stage peace for Catalonia demo in London
- 00:13 Oxbridge accused of ‘social apartheid’
- 00:13 EU seeks more cash before talking trade
- 00:13 Ryan Burnett v Zhanat Zhakiyanov: IBF champ jokes he sleeps with...
- 00:09 Joe Joyce marks professional debut by stopping Ian Lewison in eight...
- 00:08 Final bell tolls as era ends at special school
- 00:07 Netflix and BINGE! Streaming site reveals its most speedily-watched...