Hand your knives in at police station
Knives will not be tolerated on Burnley’s streets – and now police are appealing directly to residents to hand in their weapons.
As part of a national operation to tackle knife crime, the constabulary has launched a knife surrender, with members of the public being given the chance to anonymously dispose of weapons and to consider the potentially life-threatening consequences of carrying a knife.
There is a special bin at Burnley Police Station where anyone can anonymously dispose of a weapon.
Chief Inspector Mark Baines, force co-ordinator for the surrender, said: “A knife is a lethal... read more
- 13:36 Ramsbottom schoolgirl wins national table tennis title
- 13:36 Do you know where missing boy from Wellingborough is?
- 13:35 Mum furious after pub tells her to 'control children or leave'
- 13:35 Man paid someone £500 to split his tongue in two
- 13:34 Mill Fields builds on its sales team with new hire
- 13:33 Man Utd star Alexis Sanchez takes stunning swipe at Arsenal
- 13:32 Prince William just dropped a huge hint over the royal baby name
- 13:32 Man fined for filming dog giving Nazi salutes launches fundraiser...
- 13:32 Viagogo to be taken to court after failing to follow rules to...
- 13:32 Cheeki Rafiki yacht operator cleared over sailor deaths
- 13:32 The Leeds garden which is good for mind, body and soil
- 13:31 IN PICTURES: Another memorable day for Bridlington Lifeboat
- 13:31 Sizzling week-long heatwave set to return to UK again, say forecasters
- 13:31 Tigers player “assisting police”, club confirms
- 13:30 Harvey strikes gold at swimming finals
- 13:28 Ant McPartlin ‘won’t be back till next year’ - Stephen Mulhern
- 13:28 Do you know where missing boy from Wellingborough is?
- 13:28 Google's Gmail gets self-destruct option ahead of GDPR
- 13:26 These celebrities with tiny heads will get you through the day
- 13:26 Arsene Wenger reveals Sir Alex Ferguson has been in contact about...
- 13:26 RUMOUR MILL: Luis Enrique interests Arsenal, Ancelotti may be...
- 13:26 Arsene Wenger picks out his favourite European match from his...
- 13:26 Banbury’s McDonalds goes into the digital age
- 13:25 Meet the volunteers giving homeless people back their dignity with...
- 13:25 Firefighters tackle blaze at Long Whatton sawmill
- 13:24 Madrid regional president resigns over alleged face cream theft
- 13:24 Prestwich stowaways: "They could be anywhere" police say
- 13:24 13 semis park under freeway bridge to try and stop man...
- 13:24 The Irish came together for equality three years ago – we need to...
- 13:24 Airbus and Dassault join forces to build next fighter aircraft