Hand your knives in at police station
Knives will not be tolerated on Burnley’s streets – and now police are appealing directly to residents to hand in their weapons.
As part of a national operation to tackle knife crime, the constabulary has launched a knife surrender, with members of the public being given the chance to anonymously dispose of weapons and to consider the potentially life-threatening consequences of carrying a knife.
There is a special bin at Burnley Police Station where anyone can anonymously dispose of a weapon.
Chief Inspector Mark Baines, force co-ordinator for the surrender, said: “A knife is a lethal... read more
- 11:01 Rainhill High expected to post £1m budget deficit
- 11:01 Traffic lights failure in Prescot causes traffic chaos
- 11:00 Tributes pour in for Bloom queen Norah
- 11:00 University fees vow under fire from resort MP
- 10:59 Pendle charity concert set to be night to remember
- 10:59 Former hostage writes to Padiham children studying his story
- 10:59 Lewis Hamilton gets behind the wheel with Billy Monger at...
- 10:59 University lecturers begin strike action over pensions
- 10:59 Eurozone 'euphoria' ends as confidence in German business falls
- 10:59 Yannick Bolasie freestyles about 17 of his Everton team-mates with...
- 10:59 New Belper micropub plans submitted to Amber Valley Borough Council
- 10:59 They've done it! Harrogate friends complete epic trek across the...
- 10:58 This is what happened when Shrek and Princess Fiona went shopping...
- 10:58 Who is Graham Potter? A lowdown on the rising coach plotting to...
- 10:58 Ex-Liverpool star Dietmar Hamann slams ’embarrassing’ Manchester...
- 10:58 You may never want to poo again after watching this rat vanish down...
- 10:58 New health trust roadshows
- 10:57 High blood pressure symptoms - eating avocado can help lower...
- 10:56 Fortnite version 3.0 patch notes REVEALED: Season 3 Battle Pass...
- 10:55 Phillip Schofield SNAPS at former UKIP leader in heated spat: ‘Are...
- 10:54 Police chief’s vow after crime stats rise
- 10:54 Relationship breakdown can hit your health
- 10:54 Which universities will be affected by strike action this month?
- 10:53 Benefits cheat stole £50,000 in tax credits while working for HMRC
- 10:53 Which universities will be affected by strike action this month?
- 10:53 How you can help save a chicken from slaughter
- 10:53 Health chiefs warn asthma sufferers over recall of inhalers
- 10:53 Award-winning Leicestershire property consultancy makes two key...
- 10:53 Winter Olympics 2018: North Korea's General Kim Yong-chol to attend
- 10:52 British Gas owner Centrica to slash 4,000 jobs 'mostly in the UK'...