Hand your knives in at police station
Knives will not be tolerated on Burnley’s streets – and now police are appealing directly to residents to hand in their weapons.
As part of a national operation to tackle knife crime, the constabulary has launched a knife surrender, with members of the public being given the chance to anonymously dispose of weapons and to consider the potentially life-threatening consequences of carrying a knife.
There is a special bin at Burnley Police Station where anyone can anonymously dispose of a weapon.
Chief Inspector Mark Baines, force co-ordinator for the surrender, said: “A knife is a lethal... read more
- 15:11 Yorkshire weather: Wet and windy but good news for the weekend
- 15:11 Brighouse woman stars in new animated DFS summer advert
- 15:11 Leeds United and cycle gear frim to raise funds for flood hit...
- 15:11 Two babies, a wedding and a funeral - readers' stories of the Toon...
- 15:10 Wings of Eagle eyes double Derby delight with Epsom winner set to...
- 15:10 Brighouse woman stars in new animated DFS summer advert
- 15:10 Leeds United and cycle gear frim to raise funds for flood hit...
- 15:09 Disabled puppy's inspiring tale to be shown on The Supervet tonight...
- 15:07 VOTE: Notts still supports smoking ban 10 years on
- 15:07 Attempted murder victim ran over by Mercedes, chased and then...
- 15:07 Cops hunt man after 27-year-old left with serious injuries in...
- 15:07 Farmers to help shape future of agriculture
- 15:06 Remembering Tank, who was an ‘inspirational father’
- 15:06 Holy Island pilgrimage to be held
- 15:06 Shakespeare set to music by five fools
- 15:06 Tesco urges watchdog to speed up probe
- 15:05 Hebburn high rise building to be used for fire training exercises
- 15:05 Rail bridge is new home for Hucknall community artworks
- 15:05 Michael Ball loved every second of gig in Scarborough "monsoon"
- 15:05 Jobs in Notts on offer now that pay more than £30k a year
- 15:05 New island forms on North Carolina's Atlantic coast
- 15:05 Trump mocks TV host Mika Brzezinski's 'bleeding facelift'
- 15:05 South Africa: Charges over secret breast milk filming
- 15:04 Falling oil prices push petrol prices down
- 15:04 Business forum is set to be launched
- 15:02 Hesketh Bank GP to move into portable cabin
- 15:01 Burton Hospital bingo session announced
- 15:01 Police investigating reported rape of a man in Rotherham
- 15:01 The virtual reality girlfriends you can FEEL: Cyber dating...
- 15:01 Japan announces plans to put a man on the moon by 2030 as 'Asian...