Hammond notes risks for firms outside customs union
Chancellor Philip Hammond said on Wednesday he was sensitive to the potential problems for British companies if the country decides to leave the European Union's customs union as well as the EU itself.
"We're looking at all key sectors and you're right that we should take particular note of those sectors with complex pan-European supply chains where often components and self-assemblies move backwards and forwards across European borders several times before they get incorporated into a final product," Hammond said in a response to a question from lawmakers.
He declined to comment... read more
- 06:11 Derby Arena unlikely to break even this year as taxpayers fork out...
- 06:10 Real Madrid star Karim Benzema will NOT leave Bernabeu despite...
- 06:09 David Galloway: NHS is being harmed by politically driven targets
- 06:09 Fiona Hyslop: Scotland’s aid spending is vital despite austerity at...
- 06:09 Academic: Holyrood and Westminster facing Brexit court battle
- 06:09 Medic calls for NHS to focus on patients instead of targets
- 06:09 Police force remains ‘strong and resilient’
- 06:10 Having trouble sleeping? Dry January could be giving you insomnia
- 06:09 Teachers threaten strike action over pay
- 06:09 Sectarian fight being undermined by cash cuts, claim Labour
- 06:08 Oh we do like to be beside the seaside
- 06:08 Newsagent of the Week
- 06:08 Ponies grazing coastal dune land
- 06:04 Council left red faced by parking ticket error
- 06:04 Darren McGarvey: Comparing Sturgeon to Thatcher is deeply offensive
- 06:04 Beggar hit with hefty fine after being caught pleading for cash
- 06:01 How a new technology is changing the lives of people who cannot speak
- 06:01 Night fever coming to Spalding as Bee Gees tribute star at Two Lips...
- 06:01 Tributes paid to South Holland tourism officer and Spalding museum...
- 06:01 Arsenal agree huge wage package for Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang as...
- 06:01 Chelsea ‘agree’ deal to sign Roma duo Edin Dzeko and Emerson Palmieri
- 05:58 The simple way you can save hundreds of pounds in 2018
- 05:58 This is when the council's litter squad will be patrolling in your...
- 05:57 Massive gas leak sparks evacuation of 1,450 from Heaven nightclub...
- 05:56 Chelsea news: Edin Dzeko offered £7m-a-year deal for Premier League...
- 05:56 Arsenal transfer news: Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang deal slowed down...
- 05:56 Harry Kane to Real Madrid: Tottenham demand £175m as striker asks...
- 05:56 Chris Moncrieff: Tories’ defeatist attitude will spell doom
- 05:56 Liverpool news: Daniel Sturridge given transfer ultimatum by Kop...
- 05:56 Andrew Vine: It wasn’t EU law that opened the door to migrants