Halloween costumes in the 1920s were genuinely terrifying
For those of a sensitive disposition, Halloween can be a worrying time.
Here's what extreme weight loss actually looks like Witches, ghosts, ghouls and killer clowns troll the streets, hungry for free sweets and maybe even your blood.
But things were even more frightening in the 1920s.
Rather than ironic pop culture references and gorilla outfits, people celebrating Halloween during the roaring 20s wore costumes that could seriously give you a bump in the night.
Small children wearing horrifying realistic skulls on their heads, skeletons riding horses and a number of unidentifiable... read more
- 05:29 Judge to deliver conclusions at inquest into deaths of Tunisia...
- 05:28 Nordic-Baltic 5G telecoms cooperation to be unveiled Tuesday: Norway
- 05:27 Pancake Day 2017: Nation's favourite Shrove Tuesday filling revealed
- 05:26 England Rugby legend Martin Johnson to visit Lincolnshire
- 05:26 Thai palace fires "extremely evil" official
- 05:23 Starbucks bets on super premium 'Roastery' to lead Italy debut
- 05:22 Earn £8 an hour making coffee and 6 other new and varied jobs...
- 05:22 What do Parliament committee clerks do?
- 05:22 Australia Post CEO says he feels sorry for Pauline Hanson over pay...
- 05:21 Man arrested in NSW town of Young over alleged missile advice to Isis
- 05:21 Jose Mourinho has made this change from Louis van Gaal's time at...
- 05:21 Champions League winner opens up on big Liverpool decision
- 05:20 Kings of England: Which clubs have won the most domestic major...
- 05:20 Man City news and transfers LIVE Pep Guardiola press conference...
- 05:20 Manchester United news and transfer rumours Zlatan Ibrahimovic...
- 05:19 Seven jobs in Liverpool you can apply for now
- 05:19 Dovecot thug attacked West Ham fan with a brick
- 05:19 Mark Hillman murder: Hunt continues for mystery fourth suspect
- 05:14 Driver in dock accused of causing 'life-changing spinal injuries'...
- 05:14 Theresa May faces opposition over plan to change disability benefit...
- 05:14 Vulnerable young people put at risk by council decision, charity...
- 05:12 China says it has received its largest foreign drone order - Xinhua
- 05:12 Police detain teen found 'off his head' at train station
- 05:12 Joe Ward's FA Trophy form gives Lincoln City boss Danny Cowley...
- 05:11 Man United weigh up summer defensive swoop: West Ham tried to sign...
- 05:07 North Korea is ‘COMPLETELY UNHINGED’ blasts US official as global...
- 05:07 Tribal dance festival gives Indians sense of belonging – archive, 1959
- 05:06 Australia terror arrest: Man held over suspected missiles plan
- 05:03 10 of the best ways to enjoy New York … on a budget
- 05:03 Losses of £58bn since the 2008 bailout – how did RBS get here?