Haiti's delayed presidential election to take place
Haitians return to the polls today to vote in an election delayed for more than a year amid allegations of fraud.
The Caribbean nation is voting for a new president and lawmakers in the hope of restoring constitutional order.
The results of the October 2015 vote were thrown out, creating a power vacuum when then-president Michel Martelly's mandate expired in February.
Haiti has suffered from decades of corruption and, in recent years, a series of crippling natural disasters.
Why does Haiti need a second election? Hurricane displaces thousands in Haiti The most recent disaster, Hurricane... read more
- 09:48 Sexpert reveals only sex tip you will ever need
- 09:47 Biker caught speeding 25mph over the limit on Hedon Road, Hull
- 09:47 The Premier League players who are just one booking away from a...
- 09:46 Berwick store to welcome Santa
- 09:44 Laura's creation becomes MP's Christmas card
- 09:43 Messages of support continue to flood in after heartbreaking news...
- 09:41 Justice secretary praises our killer drivers campaign
- 09:41 Man has part of ear bitten off in nightclub assault
- 09:41 Chinese view £800m Fylde coast power plant project
- 09:40 Police appeal to find missing teenager
- 09:40 Fairfax unit sells more shares in Bank of Ireland
- 09:40 Speeding up links to new health site
- 09:40 Latest transfer news: Arsenal, Chelsea Manchester United and City...
- 09:39 Verdict expected in hate speech trial of Dutch politician Wilders
- 09:38 Justice secretary praises our killer drivers campaign
- 09:38 Anti-cyberbullying sensation heads to Burnley
- 09:38 Man has part of ear bitten off in nightclub assault
- 09:38 Tony Pulis names Chelsea stars Diego Costa, Pedro and Eden Hazard...
- 09:37 Northampton fireplace showroom plans to add 130-seat Italian...
- 09:37 Police appeal to find missing teenager
- 09:36 'Please come home, the whole family is missing you': Wife's...
- 09:36 Freeman Street trader had secret stash of 19,000 fake cigarettes...
- 09:35 An invigorating look at dementia
- 09:35 Investigation launched into death of woman in police custody
- 09:35 Drink-driver before the courts again
- 09:34 ‘Justice has been served’ - Louth stabbing victim speaks out after...
- 09:34 Medical director Suneil Kapadia to leave trust which runs Grantham...
- 09:33 Chelsea ace issues advice to Blues pal: Do this and you can go to...
- 09:33 Turkey to hold referendum next spring on stronger presidency -...
- 09:33 In Trump stronghold, factories are humming but paychecks are thin