Hairdresser Dale’s poem makes cut for new book
A Barrowford hairdresser has switched his scissors to be a scribe as a poem he penned has been published in a children’s book.
Dale Neal’s piece entitled “My Grandad Burt’s an Alien” is featured in the newly released children’s anthology “Watcher of the Skies”, published by The Emma Press.
Dale attended the launch of the book at Blackwell’s in London where he read his poem and met fellow contributors.
He began writing stories for fun for his friends’ children but after getting a taste for it he is already planning an illustrated story book of his own entitled “Hippo in a Half Pipe” to be... read more
- 17:09 The 13 most annoying things about living in Great Barr
- 17:09 Harron Homes donate £1,000 to Shireoaks Village Hall renovation...
- 17:08 Borough Park burglars blasted by Workington Reds' joint-chairman
- 17:08 Melton Year 6 pupils at Swallowdale School pitch in to move bus...
- 17:07 Liverpool v Roma: Fan favourite John Arne Riise makes worrying...
- 17:07 Uppingham Hopper bus service all set to roll next week
- 17:07 Lincolnshire Police reveals upsurge in assualts on officers
- 17:06 Thomas Orchard custody death: Police force charged
- 17:06 Motorcyclist seriously injured after crash with car near Rugby
- 17:04 Scottish Government opens hub in Berlin to boost business links
- 17:04 Former member of Northamptonshire's Jesus Army member jailed for...
- 17:03 Former carer repeatedly stole from from vulnerable Leamington woman
- 17:03 Nicky helps champ break Boxercise world record
- 17:03 Jeff Bezos v the world: why all companies fear 'death by Amazon'
- 17:03 Cyber crime officers to be recruited in West Yorkshire
- 17:02 Harron Homes donate £1,000 to Shireoaks Village Hall renovation...
- 17:02 Toronto man charged in 'horrific' van attack that killed 10 people
- 17:02 Trump dismisses query about Michael Cohen pardon with two words:...
- 17:02 Cambridge Analytica: five key claims by academic at heart of scandal
- 17:01 Your Whitby Gazette now at another new peak
- 17:01 William Friedkin: 'You don’t know a damn thing, and neither do I'
- 17:01 Love Island’s Marcel Somerville and Gabby Allen ‘on the verge of...
- 16:59 Adorable family of deer spotted on public park in Walsall - and...
- 16:58 Ucas orders inquiry into 'racial profiling' of UK students
- 16:58 A tooled up gang of mercenaries armed to the teeth with ukuleles
- 16:57 Donald Trump says Kim Jong Un is ‘very open’ and ‘very honorable’
- 16:56 How bouncing back from Hull City thrashing has shown Burton...
- 16:56 Yorkshire financial adviser who cost investor £2m and his marriage...
- 16:55 Horse fly-tipping: why are animals being left to die?
- 16:55 Money problems: why Finland has given up on the basic income dream