Hair straighteners pose child burn risk

Hair straighteners pose child burn risk
 

Ten-month-old Joshua is one of hundreds of children admitted to hospital each year after being burned by hair straighteners.
He was injured by straighteners that fell off a table and on to his arm. They had just been turned off but were still extremely hot.
UK burns units say one in 20 of all admissions for children's burns last year involved hair straighteners.
They are warning parents to be extra careful.
'Thinner skin' Figures from the international burns injury database show there were 392 child admissions to specialist units in the UK in 2015 for injuries that involved hair... read more

 
19 October 2016 in Health, Views: 39
Source: BBC
Share:
  •  





    News Widget for Webmasters



    Bring Eugene's son back home immediately

    Realtime News

     

    «
    »
    Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa Su
          1 2 3 4
    5 6 7 8 9 10 11
    12 13 14 15 16 17 18
    19 20 21 22 23 24 25
    26 27 28 29 30 31