Haggis is forbidden in the US, foie gras is a no-go in India and jelly cups are illegal in Europe: Banned foods around the world revealed
The Kinder Surprise egg may seem an innocent treat, but in America, it's not welcome - because it contains a 'non-nutritive object'.
There are plenty of other seemingly innocuous foods deemed unfit for consumption, too.
Whether it's for health reasons or animal welfare concerns, some groceries are stopped at the borders of certain countries.
For example, raw milk is acceptable in the UK, but forbidden in Canada because of the pathogens it contains.
Meanwhile in India, foie gras is illegal because they believe the process used to fatten the geese is inhumane.
Scroll down for an... read more
- 17:25 This was the last runner to finish the London Marathon this year
- 17:23 Wasps: Kyle Eastmond could face Northampton Saints, Joe Simpson may...
- 17:21 Ilkeston engineering firm celebrate multi-million pound gas contract
- 17:20 Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp backed to complete goalkeeper deal
- 17:18 Stollers £3m clearance marks the final stage of refurb
- 17:18 Residents in Dalton bemoan 'horrendous' parking situation
- 17:18 'Beyond belief': Brexit app for EU nationals won't work on iPhones
- 17:18 L'Enclume food award win is fantastic news for Cartmel, says...
- 17:18 Pin-prick test will determine baby's gender just EIGHT WEEKS into...
- 17:18 Hartlepool United fans fall short in goal to win cash on ITV gameshow
- 17:16 Derby County vs Cardiff City - what the result will mean for Aston...
- 17:16 This is what Aston Villa players think of the new kit deal
- 17:16 Thousands of faulty wheelie bins across Solihull are splitting apart
- 17:16 Spaghetti Junction breakdown causes chaos for commuters
- 17:16 YouTube prankster Jake Paul could be sued for £2.5 million by...
- 17:16 Gwyneth Paltrow opens up about her past ‘intimacy issues’ and...
- 17:16 Scarlett Johansson reveals floral back tattoo on the Avengers:...
- 17:16 Woman, 21, hit in face with glass or bottle at student club night...
- 17:15 Luke Shaw ready to run down his Manchester United deal to leave for...
- 17:14 Cartmell Shepherd officially opens new office in West Cumbria
- 17:14 Jail for transgender beautician who assaulted police constable
- 17:13 Israel scraps plan to forcibly deport African migrants
- 17:13 Oh I do like to be beside the seaside! The top 10 beachside holiday...
- 17:13 Palma becomes first Spanish city to ban property owners from...
- 17:13 Reports from the court
- 17:13 Clear space on your dressing table – RuPaul is releasing a...
- 17:10 Leeds's Turtle Bay allowed to trade later despite police concerns
- 17:10 Emergency fix after cable fault in Spalding
- 17:10 MEP urges support for PM as she negotiates Brexit
- 17:09 Explore art after hours with Museums at Night