Gym chain Sweat picks Glasgow for first Scottish site
Fitness brand Sweat is set to muscle in on the Scottish gym scene after choosing Glasgow’s Skypark as the location for its first club north of the Border.
The firm, which recently launched in Sheffield and Walsall, has taken 21,500 square feet of space on a 15-year lease at the Finnieston business park, near the SSE Hydro and Scottish Exhibition & Conference Centre.
READ MORE: Pure Gym blames volatile markets for pulled float plans
Sweat boss Frank Reed, who previously co-founded and ran the Virgin Active chain of health clubs, said: “Gyms are seen by many innovative landlords as... read more
- 16:19 Development company selling home it bought from CEO
- 16:19 Tall Ships Races 2018: The 55 ships taking part in this year’s...
- 16:18 Raising a glass to Baroness Bacon: Ale goes on tap in Parliament to...
- 16:18 Are you guilty of Gatsbying?
- 16:17 Axel Tuanzebe and Aston Villa: What next for the Manchester United...
- 16:17 'Announce Yacob new contract' - West Brom fans react to departing trio
- 16:17 Syria war: War crimes committed in Eastern Ghouta battle - UN
- 16:17 Celebs Go Dating wants Brummie singles to feature in new series
- 16:17 Residents won't use "hopeless" bus services in Solihull, warning
- 16:17 Tenancy fraud cases cost Solihull Council more than £1.5m
- 16:17 Pub's strict new rules for England game after rowdy fans cause mayhem
- 16:16 Sheffield tech hub full after 400 move in
- 16:15 WWE legend Vader dies aged 63
- 16:15 Art prize for Eyemouth High pupil
- 16:14 Council at cutting edge as verge works start
- 16:14 Labour looks for community organiser in Northumberland
- 16:14 Development company selling home it bought from CEO
- 16:14 Time passes more slowly for flies, study finds
- 16:13 Empty 'ghost' school costing Liverpool taxpayers £12,000 a DAY -...
- 16:13 Police who saved drug dealer from sinking car to receive bravery award
- 16:13 Police confirm death of Burnley road traffic accident victim
- 16:13 Lottery winners announced in Padiham
- 16:12 Upmarket restaurant chain Prescott and Conran collapses into...
- 16:11 Should you give money to street beggars? What police and charities say
- 16:11 Rafael Nadal: World No 2 suffers Wimbledon injury scare - WATCH
- 16:11 Why roads will not be closed in Leeds tomorrow for national Clean...
- 16:11 Marketing firm Anicca thriving - despite Leicester City Council...
- 16:10 Hull's holiday home market booms as Willerby on track for record year
- 16:10 Live as police search third house in Orchard Park murder investigation
- 16:10 Project to improve the Greenway from Rushden Lakes to Rushden town...