Gwynedd man devoted to NHS motorcycle charity pays thousands for new bikes after cancer diagnosis
A biker who helped start a charity to deliver medical supplies by motorcycle in North Wales has bought two new vehicles for the organisation after a terminal cancer diagnosis.
Lloyd Jones, 74, from Bala, is now too ill to make deliveries to hospitals for Blood Bikes Wales, but has spent more than £10,000 on bikes for the charity, noting: “It’s not like you can take the money with you.”
The NHS uses its own transportation system to move blood supplies, plasma, documents and other items between hospitals during the day from Monday to Friday.
Before Blood Bikes Wales was set up, it used the... read more
- 01:31 Chanje Kunda: The poet using pole dancing to explain particle physics
- 01:31 Ivory seizures hit record levels last year, report says
- 01:31 Redskins v Eagles: How to watch Monday night football online and on tv
- 01:26 Dentist fines: Mistakes over addresses hitting thousands
- 01:25 World War 3: USA has ‘NO COHERENT PLAN’ to deal with North Korea,...
- 01:25 John Mousinho leaves Burton Albion and joins Oxford United
- 01:24 Why Zimbabwe has a 'Minister of WhatsApp'
- 01:05 Amir Khan calls out Floyd Mayweather but domestic rival Kell Brook...
- 01:05 James Haskell seeks upturn in Wasps form to boost his chances of...
- 01:01 ‘No deal’ Brexit would cost Tayside and Fife nearly £4bn, say...
- 00:59 Generation game in Gomersal
- 00:58 Mosul: Culture and concerts where IS once reigned
- 00:50 US style restaurant chain reveals location of next site
- 00:42 Heckmondwike man killed in Cleckheaton car crash
- 00:42 Subsidised bus services to be scrapped
- 00:32 Mercedes in harmony as Lewis Hamilton joins the party in Austin...
- 00:27 Harry Kane wants to become 'one of the best players in the world'...
- 00:27 Man City news: Gabriel Jesus insists Sergio Aguero deserves his...
- 00:27 Man Utd news: Juan Mata insists Huddersfield defeat was a one-off
- 00:24 EastEnders spoilers: Huge Christmas drama ahead for Lauren, Abi and...
- 00:24 EastEnders spoilers: Knife horror for Tina Carter leads to hit and...
- 00:24 Mel B ‘chucks out ex Stephen Belafonte’s stuff leaving him only...
- 00:22 Paris accord: US and Syria alone as Nicaragua signs
- 00:22 Emma Hayes will not replace Mark Sampson as England women's boss...
- 00:20 Album round-up with Ian Sinclair
- 00:20 Ever true to his roots
- 00:20 Bleak yet beautiful fictions of near-future disintegration
- 00:20 Ron’s gone: Everton can Koeman as Toffees sit 18th
- 00:20 England ‘raring to go’ despite losing first ODI
- 00:20 Caixinha slams shameful Rangers performance