Gwynedd holiday home council tax double plan put to the people
The people of Gwynedd are being asked whether holiday and second home owners should pay up to double for their council tax.
The cash-strapped council said any extra money raised could be used to help meet local housing needs and protect local services.
An estimated 23,000 homes in Wales are empty or used as second homes, and changes to the Housing (Wales) Act 2014 mean councils can now charge a premium of up to 100% extra.
Flintshire , Wrexham , Powys and Pembrokeshire have already decided to raise rates by 50% from April 1, 2017 - meaning those who currently pay £1,000 annually will be... read more
- 15:51 Century of bridge repairs completed in £6.7m scheme
- 15:51 Persimmon shareholder votes against 'excessive' pay plan as...
- 15:51 Police swarm on Berlin hospital after shooting
- 15:50 Two Americans killed in IS Afghan raid
- 15:50 Tanker fire closes one lane of M42 at Measham
- 15:50 Mansfield man faces child porn charges
- 15:50 Where to buy fidget spinners and why everyone is going crazy for them
- 15:49 Woman who drank bottle of wine before driving wrong way around...
- 15:49 Nottinghamshire Police chaplain passes away
- 15:49 Brendan Rodgers makes big revelation ahead of Celtic v Rangers
- 15:49 Teen's hand cut with broken whisky bottle in robbery attempt
- 15:48 Scots TV election leaders debate confirmed
- 15:47 How Chelsea could line up with Alexis Sanchez and Romelu Lukaku
- 15:46 Yorkshire weather: Sunny spells and warmer weather for your Bank...
- 15:46 Beoplay P2: B&O's portable pebble speaker
- 15:46 Seal makes its way to doorstep hoping to shelter from a storm...
- 15:46 Man with cerebral palsy set to complete London marathon
- 15:46 Investigation into Sheffield worker's cancer death who helped build...
- 15:46 Woman who drank bottle of wine before driving wrong way around...
- 15:45 Investigation into Sheffield worker's cancer death who helped build...
- 15:45 Woman who drank bottle of wine before driving wrong way around...
- 15:45 Man City striker Sergio Aguero opens up about being axed and what...
- 15:44 Kevin Maggs Moseley farewell overshadows National One main event
- 15:44 Strike up the band for the finale of popular concerts
- 15:44 Second round of works to busy roundabout
- 15:44 MP calls for urgent action on the borough's potholes
- 15:44 Top Gear fans laud Matt LeBlanc for 'saving' show as series ends
- 15:44 'I'm doing it for Dad': Lorraine signs up for Coventry Does Strictly
- 15:44 These are the best and worst supermarket meal deals on offer
- 15:44 Birmingham carer being DEPORTED to Jamaica despite living in city...