Gunmen open fire during gathering at shrine in Afghan capital, police say
An unknown number of gunmen entered a shrine in the Afghan capital of Kabul on Tuesday and opened fire on worshipers gathered to commemorate a major Islamic holy day, police officials said.
A police official, who asked not to be named as he was not authorized to speak publicly, said at least seven people had been killed and 22 wounded, with the toll expected to rise.
Ministry of Public Health officials said at least 18 people injured in the attack had been taken to hospitals in the city for treatment.
The attack began just before 8 p.m. (3:30 p.m. GMT), police said, with witnesses reporting... read more
- 16:34 Explained: Four major mistakes Alan Pardew has made to West Brom's...
- 16:34 Liverpool goalkeeper linked with Newcastle United move - but would...
- 16:33 Keep off our land, indigenous women tell Ecuador's president
- 16:33 Officers remove bench in Salisbury where Skripals fell ill
- 16:33 Police inspector who dumped wife’s body in lake convicted of murder
- 16:32 Twenty-five England fans arrested in Amsterdam before friendly
- 16:33 Police inspector murdered his detective wife after she rumbled his...
- 16:32 Sunderland, Birmingham City, Middlesbrough, Derby County - Burton...
- 16:32 In Pictures: ‘Power grab’ protesters encricle Scottish Parliament
- 16:32 PROJECT UPDATE: Chorley’s new Youth Zone
- 16:31 A pedlar who was selling goods door-to-door without a certificate...
- 16:29 Ex-fracking protester changed sides to join protesters
- 16:28 Arsenal legend David Seaman makes huge Jack Wilshere prediction
- 16:27 England football fans arrested in Amsterdam after violent clashes
- 16:27 How Harvey Weinstein's accusers are fighting their way back to the top
- 16:27 Clean up your skatepark - or lose it
- 16:26 Olivier Giroud reveals this major frustration since joining Chelsea...
- 16:26 Manchester United 'confident' they can land this £40m Brazil star...
- 16:26 Court briefs: Who's been up in court?
- 16:26 Lorry drivers jailed over fatal M1 crash
- 16:26 Leeds school was on lockdown after Horsforth Town Street robbery
- 16:26 Dan Jarvis wins Labour nomination to run for Sheffield City Region...
- 16:25 EU ambassador to Moscow recalled over Russian nerve agent attack
- 16:25 Hundreds of jobs to go as restaurant chain Prezzo axes nearly 100...
- 16:25 Dan Jarvis wins Labour nomination to run for Sheffield City Region...
- 16:24 Lichfield mum half way through marathon challenge for diabetes charity
- 16:24 Prezzo to close almost 100 restaurants with loss of about 500 jobs
- 16:24 Driver dies after crash on the A38 in Lichfield
- 16:24 Volkswagen Touareg 2018: everything you need to know
- 16:23 England 1-2 The Netherlands: Two of the world's best FIFA players...