Gunman injures four policemen in shooting in southern Germany
A man opened fire at police in the southern state of Bavaria on Wednesday, injuring four policemen before he was arrested, police said in a statement.
The man, who police said was a member of a right-wing group, shot the policemen after they asked him to dispose of his legal gun during a search at the entrance to a municipal building in the town of Georgensgmuend, south of the city of Nuremberg.
Police said he is a member of the Reichsbuerger movement (Reich citizens) which maintains that the World War Two German Reich continues to exist.
The 49-year-old man was lightly injured. Some of the... read more
- 12:57 Getting older does NOT make you wiser, claim scientists: Take the...
- 12:57 Tragic skeletons of Chimu child sacrifices who had their hearts...
- 12:55 Depressed people who stop exercising see their symptoms worsen in...
- 12:55 Doctors successfully separate conjoined twins following grueling...
- 12:55 What is hypersexual disorder and how does it affect you?
- 12:55 Sport Relief and Red Nose Day drop celebrity-fronted appeal films
- 12:55 Woman spends half a million to look like Kim Kardashian
- 12:55 Ambulance abuse note woman evicted from Tunstall home
- 12:54 Leyland's crown green bowlers to meet with South Ribble Council...
- 12:54 Whaplode woman’s dog escaped and injured female victim
- 12:54 Bike share snub to Stratford firm prompts anger
- 12:52 Take a look inside a car that costs £1,560,000
- 12:51 Fire near care home in Market Harborough
- 12:51 Pair take path to theatres career
- 12:50 Alexandre Lacazette may be OFFLOADED: Former Arsenal forward makes...
- 12:49 Police close down two Blacon houses linked to crime and anti-social...
- 12:49 How gym owner saved Roadhouse rock venue from burning to the ground
- 12:49 Police plan ring of steel as Football Lads Alliance set to descend...
- 12:48 Derbyshire Dales council issue new free parking badges for households
- 12:48 Town council defends rise in council tax for people in Raunds
- 12:48 Carlisle policewoman's £75,000 target to help beat terminal cancer
- 12:48 Congestion clears after tree falls onto A590
- 12:48 Public meeting called over Millom dog fouling
- 12:47 Newcastle Falcons v Northampton Saints: Tom Vickers' match preview
- 12:47 Councillor who crossed the floor quits as Labour MP’s office manager
- 12:47 MEMORY LANE: This week’s fascinating slideshow of Hucknall’s past
- 12:47 QUICK QUIZ: The week in questions
- 12:47 Man flown to hospital with serious injuries after fight near...
- 12:46 ROTHERHAM ROARS: ‘I’m very happy’ to site my £35m Gulliver’s Valley...
- 12:45 QUICK QUIZ: The week in questions