Gunman ‘dressed as police officer’ storms shrine and massacres 14 people
At least 14 people have been killed after an attack at a Shia Muslim shrine in the west of Kabul yesterday night.
Acid attack survivor explains why she’s thankful for her scars More than 26 others were injured after a gunman dressed as a police officer stormed the shrine and used an automatic rifle and grenade to carry out the attack.
The Afghan Ministry of Interior spokesman Sediq Sediqqi confirmed the attack and said 13 civilians and one policeman had been killed.
Hundreds had gathered at Kabul’s large Sakhi shrine on the eve of Ashura, one of the holiest days of the year for Shia... read more
- 17:49 Officers detain man after becoming aggressive and making threats to...
- 17:49 Bellway on track to build more than 10,000 homes
- 17:48 How row over fishing post-Brexit could impact Scottish Tories
- 17:48 Average house price in Scotland rises to start 2018
- 17:48 How to be successful without really trying – 13 daily affirmations...
- 17:48 People who follow the Paleo diet should consume more fish to truly...
- 17:47 A 100-year-old woman shares the secret of her young looks
- 17:46 Spalding chippie makes Easter promise to help charity
- 17:45 TV personality and UK Eurovision host Katie Boyle dies aged 91
- 17:45 Katie Boyle: Former TV host dies aged 91
- 17:45 Finalists announced for East Lindsey Business Awards 2018
- 17:44 Relief for couple after £23,000 Audi is found after being stolen...
- 17:44 Midway man jailed for causing or inciting sexual activity with child
- 17:44 6 things to do when you visit Glasgow
- 17:43 Life sentence handed to man who raped, murdered and burgled a...
- 17:43 How science brought justice for Fleckney murder victim
- 17:42 Finalists announced for East Lindsey Business Awards 2018
- 17:42 David Carroll, the US professor taking on Cambridge Analytica in...
- 17:42 Perfect prams for perfect parents: the rise of the bougie buggy
- 17:41 Three-legged Mansfield cat mistaken for being abandoned while it...
- 17:40 F1 breakaway championship is a realistic possibility, says Toto Wolff
- 17:38 Go wild outdoors this Easter
- 17:38 Road named after rugby league legend, Neil Fox
- 17:37 First picture of 'full of life and never without a smile on his...
- 17:37 Where next for Ant and Dec and ITV?
- 17:36 Russia spy poisoning: Theresa May ready to deploy more sanctions
- 17:36 Men suffer 'verbal racial abuse' at McDonalds in York
- 17:36 The M62: Love it or hate, here’s why everybody should be thankful...
- 17:36 Mark Zuckerberg summoned to Westminster over data breach
- 17:35 Ashley Young sends message to Manchester United teammate Luke Shaw...