Gullies to be cleared after Bridgnorth bypass flooding
0 Comments Bridgnorth residents had raised concerns that blocked drains were causing heavy flooding on the town’s main roads – with the weekend seeing the bypass affected by a downpour.
Now Shropshire Council says it has asked its workers to clear gullies in an attempt to prevent a repeat.
Councillor Simon Jones, cabinet member for highways and transport said: “We are aware of the situation and have instructed our contractors Ringway to organise the works to empty and jet the road gullies along the Bridgnorth bypass.
“This work is due to start next week and will be undertaken during... read more
- 08:20 Jamie Carragher: Why Jurgen Klopp's tactics are to blame for shock...
- 08:19 Can you identify a criminal through the sound of their voice?
- 08:18 Nigel Farage on shortlist to be Time’s person of the year
- 08:18 TIM FROHWEIN INQUEST: 'We loved him deeply and we always shall'
- 08:18 Stobart Group terminates talks with Irish airline
- 08:17 Toyota to expand hybrid system development to further cut emissions
- 08:16 Why Nottingham, Leicester and Birmingham are better places to...
- 08:16 Appeal after burglary in Gainsborough
- 08:15 Plea to help our lonely elderly this Christmas
- 08:15 Government facing High Court challenge over Prevent...
- 08:15 NHS whistleblowers 'being fired, gagged and blacklisted'
- 08:15 Prison inmate probed over 'Cop Killer' profile on Xbox Live
- 08:15 Nigel Farage on shortlist for Time magazine's person of the year award
- 08:15 Gagging orders 'used by a number of clubs to silence football...
- 08:14 Councillor on warpath over flood risk rating for Spalding
- 08:14 Plans for health services across Lincolnshire ‘leaked’
- 08:14 Granit Xhaka defends slow start to his Arsenal career ahead of...
- 08:14 Lidl set to open its Bourne store this Thursday
- 08:14 TIM FROHWEIN INQUEST: 'We loved him deeply and we always shall'
- 08:12 Roxanne Pallett enlists celebrity support in mission to tackle...
- 08:12 Apprentice star celebrates soaring Cumberland sausage sales
- 08:12 GHA Coaches: Directors other coach company RJ’s of Wem has...
- 08:11 Staff brush up on DIY to help children’s charity
- 08:11 Thai king appoints new members to royal council - palace
- 08:10 Agent of Zlatan Ibrahimovic-endorsed Man Utd target delivers major...
- 08:09 Chelsea actually paid £28m for Eden Hazard – not £32.5m!
- 08:08 13 reasons Bali should be your next holiday destination
- 08:08 Thinking about dumping someone? Do it before December 17th*
- 08:08 Two-vehicle crash near Husbands Bosworth, Leicestershire
- 08:08 Live: Traffic and travel updates for Leicester and Leicestershire