GUEST COLUMN: Brighten up for darker days, by Coun Kevin Greaves
0 Have your say At the end of October, we turn the clocks back by an hour signalling the end of British summer time.
It’s an important time to remind everyone of road safety advice. Evenings will become noticeably darker, with dusk falling as early as 4pm – just as schoolchildren are travelling home and rush hour begins. As winter progresses, it will also be dark on school journeys in the morning.
We once again urge youngsters to wear fluorescent or bright clothing in the daytime and reflective material at night to make them more visible to drivers. At the same time, motorists are being... read more
- 10:16 Project promotes healthy lives
- 10:16 Stratford Alliance results
- 10:15 Liam Hunt: Seventh person charged after teen death
- 10:15 Give excess Army rations to homeless, says Frank Field MP
- 10:14 Nearly 100 women show up for firefighting taster day
- 10:14 7 Leicester Comedy Festival shows on tonight
- 10:13 Grantham Journal letter: One complaint ULHT? Very funny
- 10:13 Grantham Journal column: We will not accept downgrade of services...
- 10:13 Arsenal lining up transfer move for Manchester City starlet...
- 10:13 Marcus Rashford will be as good as Antoine Griezmann, insists...
- 10:13 Mino Raiola reveals hilarious reason why Man Utd star Zlatan...
- 10:12 WATCH: Running Form shows support for Burton's Queen's Hospital...
- 10:10 Badly-prepared walkers warned they're risking lives in Cumbria
- 10:10 Cumbrian-based TV chef's California dream
- 10:10 New weather warning issued for Cumbria as stormy weather continues...
- 10:10 Men who sup more than seven pints of beer a week for several years...
- 10:08 Manny Pacquiao reveals terms agreed with Amir Khan for April 23 fight
- 10:08 Rey Vargas too good for Gavin McDonnell as Mexican takes WBC...
- 10:07 How to get 18 holiday days by booking just nine...
- 10:07 Rab C Nesbitt stars inspired by Still Game to bring show to stage
- 10:07 13 super-cute cooking accessories to up your pancake game
- 10:07 'He's acting like an idiot' Mum of tragic boxer Mike Towell blasts...
- 10:07 In-spire-d way of ‘doing church’
- 10:07 Northumberland Camera Club: Snap to it and join our photo band
- 10:06 This lorry driver's heartfelt letter to people of Derby after being...
- 10:05 Literary and Scientific Society: Inequality and social anxiety
- 10:05 Price of stamps to increase
- 10:03 Arsenal starlet stretchered off after suffering serious looking injury
- 10:03 Derbyshire still high risk area for bird flu
- 10:02 What cheese makes the best cheese on toast?