Guardiola WILL start Stones at Tottenham after Man City's defensive horror show
City can’t cope without Stones John Stones wasn’t even on the pitch - but never looked more like a near-£50m defender.
In only a matter of weeks the England centre back has proved himself the heir apparent to Vincent Kompany.
Where Joleon Lescott, Eliaquim Mangala and Nicolas Otamendi failed at Manchester City, Stones has thrived.
The 22-year-old is the linchpin at the back that Kompany once was.
Which makes it all the more surprising that Pep Guardiola decided to leave him out of his starting line up at Celtic Park.
City have rarely looked so vulnerable at the back, with the Scottish... read more
- 22:01 Was Margaret Thatcher really part of team that invented Mr Whippy?
- 21:57 Austin Powers actor Verne Troyer dies aged 49
- 21:57 Sir Tom Jones, Kylie Minogue and Sting perform at star-studded...
- 21:55 Austin Powers actor Verne Troyer dies aged 49
- 21:55 Dundee boss Neil McCann’s frustrations disappear
- 21:52 These are the extreme effects delaying going to the toilet has on...
- 21:52 WATCH: Dave Seddon's verdict on Preston's 0-0 draw with Norwich
- 21:48 Electric cars key to driving change in UK’s energy supply industry
- 21:47 Paul Pogba surges to centre stage at Wembley with display of art...
- 21:42 Verne Troyer dies aged 49 - days after Austin Powers star was...
- 21:37 Defending champion Mark Selby knocked out in first round by Joe Perry
- 21:32 Tension and torment on the terraces as Sunderland fans watch...
- 21:30 David Lammy brands Theresa May's Windrush apology "crocodile tears"
- 21:30 Donald Trump should expect protests on UK visit, says Sadiq Khan
- 21:28 Price comparison site data may have been used by Leave.EU
- 21:25 Sinkhole closes Barrow town centre street
- 21:25 Austin Powers actor Verne Troyer dies aged 49
- 21:21 Amir Khan vs Phil Lo Greco, LIVE boxing: Get latest round-by-round...
- 21:20 National Lottery results: Winning Lotto numbers for Saturday April 21
- 21:15 Borussia Dortmund 4-0 Bayer Leverkusen: Jadon Sancho becomes...
- 21:09 Leinster 38-16 Scarlets: James Ryan's try sparks first-half blitz...
- 21:07 Kim Jong-un: fragile and under pressure but he won’t give up
- 21:04 Trump 'considering full pardon' of Jack Johnson – thanks to...
- 21:03 Lancashire care provider seeks rescue plan after financial pressures
- 21:02 Boy, 12, stole mum’s credit card, booked flight to Bali and spent...
- 21:01 Couple pour £80,000 of their own cash into struggling Kings Bromley...
- 21:00 Lancashire care provider seeks rescue plan after financial pressures
- 20:59 How to watch the last Eurovision Song Contest 2018 Preview Party...
- 20:57 Vince Cable: SNP should put national interest before ‘narrow party...
- 20:56 Lancashire care provider seeks rescue plan after financial pressures