Grimsby Town 1-0 Newport County RESULT: Mariners grab late winner
A LATE Omar Bogle penalty earned his side the three points as Grimsby Town overcame strugglers Newport 1-0 at Blundell Park.
It looked as though the match was going to ebb towards a 0-0 stalemate – but Bogle, who has been linked with a possible January move to a Championship club – was 'spot on' for the Mariners once again.
It was an even start, with Town shading the opening exchanges.
The visitors threatened briefly when a chipped cross into the box picked out Jon 'the Beast' Parkin – who had peeled off Shaun Pearson – but the big Newport striker headed wide.
Aside from that, there was... read more
- 13:28 YP Letters: Ominous silence from MP over fracking plan
- 13:28 Lionel Messi will marry his childhood sweetheart Antonella Roccuzzo...
- 13:28 YP Letters: What became of British Bulldog spirit in our dealings...
- 13:28 England seamer Jake Ball undergoes scan on knee injury just a week...
- 13:28 YP Letters: Rail strike will only hurt passengers
- 13:28 Big Brother 2017: Chanelle McCleary’s shocking game plan EXPOSED -...
- 13:28 Mattress 'mountains' springing up as firms find recycling too costly
- 13:27 You'll be VERY surprised what you can get on the back on a bicycle:...
- 13:27 Hunt continues for teenagers who attacked PCSO in Coventry city centre
- 13:27 Doncaster-on-Sea: Town would become a seaside resort if all the...
- 13:27 Life on Byker's Shields Road: From the 'undesirables' to staunch pride
- 13:27 FA, Sheffield Wednesday PLC and South Yorkshire Ambulance Service...
- 13:26 Martin Keown: Jack Wilshere will get a new Arsenal deal but it...
- 13:26 New scheme to speed up muscular appointments
- 13:26 Prime Minister praises Hillsborough families for campaign for justice
- 13:25 What is austerity?
- 13:24 YP Comment: The Hillsborough fight for justice – and how it can...
- 13:24 The pint-puller that's better than a bartender! Students create a...
- 13:23 The latest store to open at Bullring revealed
- 13:23 German fiscal plans include provisions for possible ECB rate hikes...
- 13:23 General Election 2017 result has caused 'collapse' in consumer...
- 13:22 Campaign week for Erb’s palsy
- 13:22 Liverpool target Naby Keita admits he wants to join Manchester City
- 13:22 Scots version of Harry Potter to be published
- 13:22 SO Fest performances in Horncastle relocate to Stanhope Hall due to...
- 13:21 Hillsborough: What the six defendants are accused of
- 13:20 Rare bee-eater birds seen at Nottinghamshire sand quarry
- 13:20 Mileposts project nears completion
- 13:20 Tributes paid to 17-year-old girl 'angel' Saffron Pickering
- 13:20 Appeal to find teen last seen outside Nottinghamshire supermarket