Grimsby shop owner fined £2,000 for selling out-of-date food AGAIN
A GRIMSBY shop owner has been landed with a £2,000 court bill for selling out of date food after being fined over £1,000 for similar offences three years ago.
Bhupendra Patel, owner of Premier Extra, in Wellington Street, Grimsby, was found guilty of selling food including Scotch eggs, sandwiches and ready meals past their use by date.
He was left with a court bill of almost £2,000 for two offences under the Food Safety and Hygiene Act, after Trading Standards officers visited the shop on 27 January.
More: 'Riverhead bus station has become a no-go area full of abusive drunks'
They decided... read more
- 18:08 Global temperature hits record high for third year in a row
- 18:07 Harrogate woman's £25,000 win in Henshaws charity lottery
- 18:07 Wall St. flat as tech gains counter weakness in retailers
- 18:06 Shell bolsters offshore wind interests with bid in U.S. tender
- 18:05 Jobs go as Huddersfield sandwich company folds
- 18:05 You can now attend a fitness class where humans have to exercise...
- 18:05 Gabon 1-1 Burkina Faso: Pierre Emerick-Aubameyang hits penalty to...
- 18:05 Patrick Bamford seals return to Middlesbrough as Chelsea make £8.5m...
- 18:05 FIA give approval for sale for Formula One to Liberty Media as...
- 18:05 Plymouth v Liverpool FA Cup LIVE: Plus Newcastle v Birmingham and...
- 18:04 Hedderman happy to win ugly against Enville
- 18:04 James Haskell likely to make first Wasps start since May in Zebre
- 18:04 Hull mum Kerry Clarkson jailed for smuggling 38 Diazepam tablets...
- 18:00 Quick-thinking ambulance staff help avert M6 disaster near Coventry
- 18:00 Mansfield man took claw hammer to pub to protect brother
- 18:00 Teen shoots four, self at American school in northern Mexico
- 17:59 Chelsea Manning decision: Obama under fire for cutting sentence
- 17:59 The opposition view: The lowdown on Wrexham AFC's derby day rivals
- 17:58 Plymouth Argyle fan to meet FA Cup tie 'guardian angels' after...
- 17:56 Drone photography company to pay record-sized fine
- 17:56 Photos show 'weaponised commercial drones' in Iraq
- 17:56 Visual artist Tim Mann to showcase new work in Stamford
- 17:56 'Humiliated' Ben Affleck vows ‘I will NEVER do another interview...
- 17:55 People of Nottingham: Andrea Hall delivers meals to the city's elderly
- 17:55 Popular Long Eaton pub could be turned into luxury houses
- 17:55 How to check if the £2 in your pocket is worth a small fortune
- 17:53 Visual artist Tim Mann to showcase new work in Stamford
- 17:53 Afghan female orchestra faces DEATH THREATS for ‘dishonouring...
- 17:52 Amazing moment Chester Zoo elephant gives birth captured on CCTV
- 17:51 Ben Turner on Burton Albion's recent run of results and the...