Grimsby's 'road to nowhere' for TEN YEARS that's now in need of repair
WILL the road to nowhere ever lead anywhere?
The route, which leads over the railway lines from Cromwell Road, is now undergoing repairs having remained largely unused for ten years.
The only vehicles ever to cross the bridge were lorries transporting thousands of tonnes of earth to cap the former Macaulay Lane tip in order to prepare the way for a country park and housing development.
But exactly ten years after the access road was built, the site remains vacant and the road slowly crumbling.
It is now 20 years since the first planning application to build on the former tip site was... read more
- 00:32 UK becoming 'cocaine capital' of Europe, warns minister
- 00:27 'WE WANTED TO SAY THANK YOU'
- 00:27 Spen waves goodbye to 168 years of printing
- 00:25 Barrow-based construction firm helps raised more than £2,000 for...
- 00:25 Sudoku 4067 medium
- 00:24 The Yorkshire Post says: PM’s grammar school lessons. May risks One...
- 00:24 Niall Dickson: A long-term plan is vital for NHS future
- 00:24 GP Taylor: We need more big ideas like Tour de Yorkshire to keep...
- 00:24 Bernard Ingham: Envy and handouts will not help our young people
- 00:21 Two Australian embassy officials in South Africa reported sacked in...
- 00:20 Oxford’s Wadham College: Diversity drives standards up, not down
- 00:20 Oxford faces anger over failure to improve diversity among students
- 00:20 Grammar school pupils 'gain no social or emotional advantages' by...
- 00:11 People rarely say thank you when others help them out, scientists say
- 00:06 Amazon selling facial recognition software to police, records reveal
- 00:05 Boys earn more than girls for chores proving gender pay gap...
- 00:05 Kate talks about playing with George and Charlotte in emotional...
- 00:04 Man Booker International Prize: Olga Tokarczuk is first Polish winner
- 00:02 Police seized machete-like weapon dubbed ‘the leg remover’ from...
- 00:02 One in eight parents tax children on their pocket money
- 00:00 Air Force Cam: PM enjoys first outing on refurbished RAF plane
- 23:58 Lucy Bronze is first England player to win BBC women’s footballer...
- 23:45 Britain’s most charitable lottery winner gave away £5,500,000 of...
- 23:45 ‘Proud to be part of the Arsenal family,’ declares Unai Emery’s...
- 23:43 Antonio Conte makes threat to Chelsea over sacking
- 23:34 Pregnant woman stabbed 33 times because man ‘thought people would...
- 23:27 Stock markets drop after Trump signals dissatisfaction with China...
- 23:23 US to ease crisis-era Dodd-Frank banking rules
- 23:20 Manchester United star Sergio Romero ruled out of the World Cup
- 23:19 New York judge orders 30-year-old son to move out of parents' home