Grimsby's 'road to nowhere' for TEN YEARS that's now in need of repair
WILL the road to nowhere ever lead anywhere?
The route, which leads over the railway lines from Cromwell Road, is now undergoing repairs having remained largely unused for ten years.
The only vehicles ever to cross the bridge were lorries transporting thousands of tonnes of earth to cap the former Macaulay Lane tip in order to prepare the way for a country park and housing development.
But exactly ten years after the access road was built, the site remains vacant and the road slowly crumbling.
It is now 20 years since the first planning application to build on the former tip site was... read more
- 08:23 Property expert reveals where in Grimsby and Cleethorpes is best...
- 08:23 Badminton: Double delight for Diane Gillan at Scottish Championships
- 08:22 Here’s how you can cancel your Labour party membership
- 08:22 Challenge of delays in leaving hospital
- 08:21 Lorry driver rescued by Lincolnshire’s Deputy Police and Crime...
- 08:20 Zachary Quinto slams Trump over transgender students at Oscar...
- 08:20 Guus Hiddink on Leicester City’s shortlist to replace Claudio Ranieri
- 08:20 Lorry driver rescued by Lincolnshire’s Deputy Police and Crime...
- 08:20 Should Nottingham's Brian Clough statue be moved to the City Ground?
- 08:19 Littletown defeat league leaders and remain on course for treble
- 08:17 In Japan, 'Rocky' and 'Premium Friday' join fight against overtime
- 08:17 Chelsea first-team star could be shipped out this summer: Here's why
- 08:16 The Walking Dead's Jeffrey Dean Morgan SLAMS 'stupid people'...
- 08:13 Storm Doris sees Boston’s Sluice Bridge level crossing stuck shut
- 08:12 Middlewood Park and Ride closed this Sunday for maintenance work
- 08:10 Vital Foresight youth club saved thanks to £66,000 grant funding...
- 08:10 Health minister Philip Dunne backing midwife-led maternity units
- 08:10 Work to start on converting Newport's Royal Victoria Hotel into flats
- 08:10 Shropshire councillors freeze annual allowances
- 08:10 Spared jail: Telford teenager sexually assaulted woman as she slept
- 08:10 Shropshire savers lose out as building society cuts rates
- 08:10 Paul Nuttall defiant despite humiliating defeat in Stoke Central...
- 08:10 Shropshire pub raiders steal cash, alcohol and laptop
- 08:10 Person 'unaccounted for' after Shropshire house fire
- 08:10 Every goth needs these skull shaped bath bombs
- 08:09 90 Lancaster firms will be hit by contractor shake-up
- 08:09 Musical La La Land could make Oscar history this weekend
- 08:09 The Batman news: Ben Affleck REACTS to Matt Reeves taking over as...
- 08:08 Oil futures suggest bullish funds' big bet on price may pay off
- 08:07 Weather: Cold and sunny start, rain and wind later