Grimsby's 'road to nowhere' for TEN YEARS that's now in need of repair
WILL the road to nowhere ever lead anywhere?
The route, which leads over the railway lines from Cromwell Road, is now undergoing repairs having remained largely unused for ten years.
The only vehicles ever to cross the bridge were lorries transporting thousands of tonnes of earth to cap the former Macaulay Lane tip in order to prepare the way for a country park and housing development.
But exactly ten years after the access road was built, the site remains vacant and the road slowly crumbling.
It is now 20 years since the first planning application to build on the former tip site was... read more
- 10:29 Tulse Hill hit-and-run: Police release CCTV images
- 10:29 Under age drinking warning as study finds sixth of parents let...
- 10:28 'Dangerously out of control' dog Biff injures woman
- 10:26 Burglars break into Kettering house
- 10:26 Real Madrid star tells Cristiano Ronaldo he is moving to the...
- 10:25 Pippa Middleton shows off new short bob hairstyle - was she...
- 10:25 Aston Villa injury news: Three out and three back, and some big...
- 10:25 Icy roads 'treacherous' across Lichfield district following fresh...
- 10:25 M62 lane closure near Brighouse after vehicle overturns
- 10:25 'Give yourself up before we come knocking' - police in hunt for...
- 10:24 Jacob Zuma: South Africa's laughing president
- 10:24 Cars damaged in Asda petrol station blaze
- 10:22 Strictly Come Dancing 2017: Viewers SLAM Louise Redknapp over epic...
- 10:22 Taxi marshals return to Bridlington
- 10:21 School kids injured in 'serious' three-vehicle crash as two taken...
- 10:21 Businessman offers £100k reward for information on missing RAF man...
- 10:21 New Grantham maternity hub provides parents with all services...
- 10:20 Can't stop taking pictures of yourself? Then you might have 'selfitis'
- 10:20 Arsonists strike three times across South Yorkshire
- 10:20 Bradford police seeking man after woman seriously injured in crash
- 10:19 Bradford police seeking man after woman seriously injured in crash
- 10:19 Changes to bin collections over Christmas
- 10:19 Chesterfield chippy launches Christmas dinner menu - including deep...
- 10:19 When Victoria Street was focal point of city's shopping experience
- 10:18 Sky and BT strike deal which Leicester City fans will celebrate
- 10:18 M62 lane closure near Brighouse after vehicle overturns
- 10:17 Can't stop taking pictures of yourself? Then you might have 'selfitis'
- 10:17 Wladimir Klitschko: Anthony Joshua can unify the heavyweight division
- 10:17 HOLBEACH PARISH COUNCIL: New grants policy is adopted
- 10:17 Aljaz Bedene informs the ITF he is turning his back on Britain to...