Grimsby's 'road to nowhere' for TEN YEARS that's now in need of repair
WILL the road to nowhere ever lead anywhere?
The route, which leads over the railway lines from Cromwell Road, is now undergoing repairs having remained largely unused for ten years.
The only vehicles ever to cross the bridge were lorries transporting thousands of tonnes of earth to cap the former Macaulay Lane tip in order to prepare the way for a country park and housing development.
But exactly ten years after the access road was built, the site remains vacant and the road slowly crumbling.
It is now 20 years since the first planning application to build on the former tip site was... read more
- 10:55 UPDATE 1-Russia's Sistema says plans to list agricultural business
- 10:55 SNEAK PEEK: What’s in this week’s Derbyshire Times...?
- 10:55 Manchester United to pay Antoine Griezmann £216,000-a-week - report
- 10:55 Iraqi sheep, locals, environment suffer Islamic State oil fires
- 10:55 France's Macron to field candidates in all parliamentary...
- 10:55 May start for Peppermint Junction improvement work in Holbeach
- 10:55 An Edinburgh home that’s an oasis of tranquillity
- 10:54 Great news for Malt Kiln Farm Shop fans
- 10:54 Chelsea legend Gianfranco Zola speaks out on Diego Costa crisis
- 10:53 Black cab and LandRover involved in dock road crash
- 10:52 Doncaster's Vulcan bomber to be put in storage, closed to public...
- 10:52 Overweight Nottinghamshire is becoming diabetic
- 10:52 Liverpool reject bid from Premier League rivals: This is why
- 10:51 Police operation to catch out shops serving alcohol to children in...
- 10:51 Transfer News LIVE: Arsenal done deal, Jesus joins Man City, Man...
- 10:50 Meet the mum who turned tragedy into helping other people
- 10:50 Nearly one in 10 secondary schools are under-performing - but...
- 10:48 VIDEO: Ovenden murder - residents speak of shock
- 10:48 Toddler died after being hit by mum’s car, inquest heard
- 10:48 County unveils plans for unitary authority
- 10:48 Wakefield secondary league tables in full: How does YOUR school rate?
- 10:48 Plan to demolish busy multi-storey car park
- 10:47 Did you see man assaulted in Chesterfield town centre?
- 10:47 Traffic stopped on M1 after serious collision
- 10:46 BHP Billiton and Vale set timeframe for Samarco mine claims
- 10:46 These are the 21 countries where Brit expats have the best lifestyle
- 10:46 Mainly dry but generally overcast
- 10:46 West Brom: All your transfer window questions answered
- 10:45 Newton Mearns showhome with international style
- 10:44 Diego Costa posts Instagram update after returning to Chelsea training