Grimsby's 'road to nowhere' for TEN YEARS that's now in need of repair
WILL the road to nowhere ever lead anywhere?
The route, which leads over the railway lines from Cromwell Road, is now undergoing repairs having remained largely unused for ten years.
The only vehicles ever to cross the bridge were lorries transporting thousands of tonnes of earth to cap the former Macaulay Lane tip in order to prepare the way for a country park and housing development.
But exactly ten years after the access road was built, the site remains vacant and the road slowly crumbling.
It is now 20 years since the first planning application to build on the former tip site was... read more
- 10:47 Israel admits it carried out 2007 airstrike on Syrian nuclear reactor
- 10:47 LATEST COURT RESULTS: Worksop and Retford
- 10:45 Demi Lovato thought about taking her own life aged seven
- 10:45 7 dream jobs currently available in Yorkshire if you want to work...
- 10:45 WATCH: Mum and daughter’s joy as carpool karaoke-style video goes...
- 10:45 Footloose to be preserved for posterity
- 10:45 Parklife launches petition to move May bank holiday
- 10:44 Diesel tax, benefits & five other law changes you need to know...
- 10:45 CCTV Footage: Sutton vets scared after attempted break in
- 10:44 Win! Family pass to Wheelgate Park – and buy your Chad for a 20%...
- 10:44 Family backs plan for MRI scanner at Notts children hospital
- 10:44 ‘Tell us about your potholes’ message from county council
- 10:44 House can be built despite dozens of complaints
- 10:44 Nottinghamhsire police warn you to be aware of emails like this
- 10:44 Race to be Mayor continues despite shock ruling
- 10:44 Tory Brexiters urge PM to reject transition deal over fishing policy
- 10:44 Lincolnshire Police officers awarded two extra day off a year
- 10:44 Raul to become Real Madrid youth coach after earning coaching...
- 10:44 Police park car in disabled bay then tell witnesses it’s an...
- 10:44 France’s first sex doll brothel given the go ahead after...
- 10:42 Digbeth Dining Club in Coventry today - here's what's being served-up
- 10:41 CCTV image released after theft from Co-Op store in Skegness
- 10:41 Lincolnshire Police officers awarded two extra day off a year
- 10:41 Man Utd boss Jose Mourinho targets Barcelona star: Real Madrid...
- 10:40 Diesel tax, benefits & five other law changes you need to know...
- 10:40 Win! Family pass to Wheelgate Park – and buy your Chad for a 20%...
- 10:40 Family backs plan for MRI scanner at Notts children hospital
- 10:40 ‘Tell us about your potholes’ message from county council
- 10:40 Sneak peek: What’s inside this week’s Chad
- 10:40 Nottinghamhsire police warn you to be aware of emails like this