Grimsby food firm's £3m loss turned into £4m profit thanks to Tesco and UK's demand for salmon
GRIMSBY seafood giant Icelandic Seachill has set a course for huge growth, turning a £3 million operating loss in 2014 into a £4.3 million profit.
The success of the Grimsby colossus comes on the back of major organisational changes, while riding the wave of the equally phenomenal turnaround at key customer – Tesco.
It has seen 200,000 more people entering its stores, and it seems many are heading for the seafood aisles, where the three town factories produce the goods, including the UK's biggest selling seafood product, a pack of two Tesco chilled salmon fillets.
The announcement will come... read more
- 21:23 Leicester 27-17 Racing 92: Freddie Burns inspires the Tigers to...
- 21:23 Andy Murray misses out on £204,000 jackpot as Dominic Thiem wins...
- 21:22 Strictly beats X Factor in ratings battle with more than 10m viewers
- 21:22 What did Jose Mourinho say to Antonio Conte? Man United boss...
- 21:22 Everyone should read this woman’s devastating post about...
- 21:22 Chester MP: 'I have not always had full confidence in Jeremy Corbyn'
- 21:21 Ten places to go for a Christmas party in Derby
- 21:19 Staffordshire Police first force in UK to be awarded accolade for...
- 21:15 Strictly beats X Factor in ratings battle with more than 10m viewers
- 21:15 Dad's Army creator Jimmy Perry dies aged 93 after short illness
- 21:14 Tragedy as little girl who lived life with a smile dies just three...
- 21:07 Richard Cockerill praises Freddie Burns after Racing 92 win
- 21:03 Police arrest 18 Old Firm fans after Hampden derby clash
- 21:03 Richard Cockerill praises Freddie Burns after Racing 92 win
- 21:02 Is Pochettino regretting letting him go? Spurs loanee scores a belter
- 21:01 Mum of teenager viciously attacked in city centre launches appeal...
- 21:00 Saudi King, Venezuelan president discuss oil market stability
- 21:00 Greek PPC confirms two bids for stake in power grid operator ADMIE
- 21:00 Rockwell Collins buys B/E Aerospace for $62 per share
- 20:58 For AT&T, Time Warner was always on the menu
- 20:57 Dai Young praises Wasps hero Jimmy Gopperth after Toulouse late show
- 20:56 Mobile phone policy crackdown at Derby school after cyberbullying...
- 20:53 Desperate woman to auction off VIRGINITY for £325k after family...
- 20:52 Northolt armed stand-off ends as police enter house
- 20:52 Toulouse 20-20 Wasps: Nathan Hughes scores last-gasp try to rescue...
- 20:47 Battle for Mosul: 'Mad Max' suicide squads are blown to oblivion on...
- 20:43 Manchester City fan claims he never wanted Pep Guardiola following...
- 20:42 Georgie the cat escaped death by millimetres after she was shot...
- 20:35 Tributes to popular Aberystwyth father-of-three who died in Spain
- 20:35 Indonesian lorises 'saved from sale on Facebook'